Choose Your Course
Before you apply the first thing is to decide which course you want to study. There are a few ways you can apply depending on whether you want to study an undergraduate or postgraduate course. If you have not yet decided on the course you want to study you can search our online prospectus.
Undergraduate Application Process
Apply through UCAS
If you want to study a three-year undergraduate degree you can apply through a website called UCAS.com – this is the University College Administration Service and all full-time undergraduate applications from the UK, EU and non-EU go through them.
We've put together a useful diagram which shows you step by step the process of applying through UCAS.
Apply to us directly
If you are only choosing Leeds Beckett and don’t want to apply for another undergraduate course in the UK, you can apply directly to us. You can do this by applying online.
It is important to know that if you are applying directly to us for an undergraduate course, you should not have an offer with UCAS.
Postgraduate Application Process
Once you have found the course you want to study in our online prospectus you will then click on the ‘Apply Now’ button located at the top of the online course page.
You will be asked to create an account on our application portal and complete your application via your Leeds Beckett account. Once you have submitted your application you should receive a decision in due course. The exception to this is if the course you have applied for has a closing date specified. In this case, we will wait until the closing date has passed before we contact you.
What to include in your application
When you have completed your application, you will also need to upload copies of the following documents with your application:
- Academic Certificates - originals and translations*
- Evidence of your English language ability
- A photocopy of your passport
- A reference to support your application – either academic or professional
- Any previous UK visas
- A completed Agent Consent Form (required if you are applying via or with the help of an agent)
Once we have all the above documents we will then be able to look at your application and reply to you.
* Where any specified documents provided are not in English or Welsh, the applicant must provide the original and a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. The translation must include:
- Confirmation from the translator/translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator/authorised official of the translation company
- The translator or translation company's contact details.
After you apply
After submitting your application, we will send you your personal application ID number. You will be asked to quote this number when contacting us, so remember to keep it safe.
If your application is successful we will send you either:
a conditional offer - this means we will require some additional information from you, such as exam results or some missing information in your application.
an unconditional offer – this means that you have met all the entry requirements and have been offered a place on your chosen course.
Depending on the way you applied, you will be asked to accept your offer on UCAS or through our online application portal.
Need help with your application?
We are on hand to help you if you have any questions about your application.
We also work closely with representatives and agency partners across the world who are available to help you with your application.