Oven-baked Pain perdu
You may have excess hard bread in your kitchen that you don't want to throw away. Well brace yourself. What if I told you that you can turn these into a delicious and filling breakfast? Yes, this is the recipe sent by a Leeds Beckett Sustainability fan who tried out for himself.
The result looks delicious
Bread cut into small pieces
1.5 mug of almond milk
2 ripe bananas
3 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk til they are liquid.
2. Then mix the bread and let it absorb the eggs.
3. Add the milk, honey, and cinnamon.
4. Mix then well and butter your baking tray.
5. Bake for 30 mins at 200C.