ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Coaching Managers and Leaders
This programme will enable people to coach in a variety of middle-management and first-line management situations to support growth, learning and development. Participants will explore the underpinning theories of coaching and practice as a coach using a variety of models, tools and techniques to support your effectiveness. This programme will include an Introduction to NLP in Coaching. You will develop an understanding of coaching within an organisational culture.
Sessions start in May 2021
This programme will enable people to coach in a variety of middle-management and first-line management situations to support growth, learning and development. Participants will explore the underpinning theories of coaching and practice as a coach using a variety of models, tools and techniques to support their effectiveness. This programme will include an Introduction to NLP in Coaching. You will develop an understanding of coaching within an organisational culture.
The course includes a mixture of 10 ‘live’ online workshops and self-paced learning activities. The ‘live’ sessions are facilitated workshops and involve participants working together on collaborative activities. These sessions typically last 3 hours. Participants are expected to complete the self-paced learning activities between ‘live’ sessions. This will include completing 18 hours of 1>1 coaching as the coach.
The course will be delivered on Microsoft Teams.
Your assessment is comprised of three assessments:
- Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective coaching in the workplace (4000 words approximately)
- Complete 18 hours coaching of 2-3 clients and provide a portfolio of evidence to support this
- Review own ability as a coach within an organisation (A Reflective Journal and CPD plan – approximately 25 hours to put together)
Everything you need to know
This programme is for people who have experience of coaching in their organisation or are responsible for coaching and for those who want to move into coaching, learning and development roles. It is also suitable for those who want to start a career as a freelance coach, particularly working with organisations.
This course costs £1700.
40% funding towards the cost of training is available for eligible businesses in the Leeds City Region. For more information view our funding page.
As a participant in the programme you will:
- Take part in 10 half-day workshops
- Complete 18 hours of 1-to-1 coaching with support
- Benefit from peer-group and one-to-one supervision
- Have tutorial support to help you successfully complete the three assessments
- Be supplied with our ‘Coaching Toolkit’, ‘Resource Guide’ and all relevant professional coaching documentation
- Work closely with the two professional coaches who deliver the programme
Session dates (2021):
- Session 1: 05 May (AM)
- Session 2: 06 May (PM)
- Session 3: 11 May (PM)
- Session 4: 12 May (AM)
- Session 5 (induction & tutorial): 19 May (PM)
- Session 6: 29 June (AM)
- Session 7: 01 July (PM)
- Session 8: 07 July (AM)
- Session 9: 08 July (PM)
- 1-to-1 tutorials: w/c 02 August
- Session 10: 13 September (PM)
- Session 11:14 September (PM)
- Optional 1-to-1 tutorials: w/c 20 September