Nursing & Allied Health
Professional Portfolio Development within the context of Health & Community Care
Suitable for practitioners working with health and social care clients. The aim of the module is to enable you to consider your future study in the context of current health and social care policy, and your professional learning. It also provides a means of meeting the needs of students who require support in putting together a professional profile of evidence to gain accreditation for prior learning and /or advanced standing for previous study. It may also provide a useful means of evidencing your ability to study at a particular academic level and refresh your study skills if you have not undertaken academic work for some time.
30 September 2020 / 27 January 2021
Level 6 - £1200 / Level 7 - £1000 / Subject to eligibility SSPRD (NHS) funding may be available
This module will allow you to provide safe, competent and effective radial arterial blood gas sampling.
Module content includes:
- Critical reflection on your experiences
- Past learning and achievements
- Discussion in detail on the relevance of the proposed scheme of study for both your personal and professional development drawing on the contemporary literature on professional development
- Negotiation and articulation of individual learning outcomes
- For your future scheme of study, critical exploration of current health and social care policy and implications for service users/patients