Ariel Simble: National Director - RSY Netzer

Alumni Spotlight | Ariel Simble Class of 2022

What course/degree did you do?

BA (Hons) International Relations.

What is your current role?

Youth Director.

What organisation are you working for?

RSY-Netzer.

How did you find this job?

I enjoy having the creative freedom to build educational programmes for young people aged 4-23 from all over the UK. These programmes allow them to gain life skills and participate in social action projects. I'm lucky to be able to travel all over the world attending seminars and conferences about youth leadership and programming. I take joy in the opportunity to develop my own professional skills at these events and to network with others in the youth charity sector working together to create new innovative programmes to improve the lives of young people across the globe.

What do you enjoy about this job?

At University I learnt how to public speak through the presentation assessments within my degree. I received structured feedback and worked with my tutors to help improve my skills. In my role, I present regularly in front of donors to the charity and at public events. I would not have had the confidence and skills to do so without my University experience.

What skills are you using in this job that you got from Uni?

Whilst at University I recommend taking on volunteering opportunities, and Leeds Beckett has so many to offer. I got involved with causes that I'm passionate about so as well as enjoying the roles I had good experiences to speak about during the interview process for my current role and was able to show the panel my passion and commitment to my volunteering roles.

Society is very quick to put women down for being assertive and sure of themselves and these skills can be labelled as 'pushy' or 'bossy' whereas for men they would be considered 'confident and knowledgeable'. It's important to believe in yourself, your value and all the amazing qualities you bring to the role. In interviews don't shy away from showing the interview panel your confidence and what you have to offer the charity.