Graduation Ceremonies 2019 Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions ("Terms"),
- ‘you’, ‘your’ means a graduand of Leeds Beckett University.
- ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ means Leeds Beckett University, a higher education corporation whose principal place of business is at the Rose Bowl, City Campus, Leeds LS1 3HB.
Acceptance of terms
1. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully, when applying for tickets Students will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions and will not be able to purchase tickets without doing this. We reserve the right to update the Terms and Conditions at any time by displaying amended Terms and Conditions on www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/graduation (“the Website”). You will be notified of any updates to the Terms and Conditions via email.
2. Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any of our other terms and conditions governing your use of the Graduation Website, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail (solely to the extent necessary to resolve such conflict or inconsistency).
Registration and purchase of guest tickets
3. If you wish to attend your graduation ceremony you are required to register in advance. You should register online using our Online Store. Registration times and dates can be found on the Graduation Website. Your attendance at the graduation ceremony is free of charge (subject to any late registration fee), although you will need to pay us for any guest tickets. You will also need to book and pay for academic dress (cap and gown) separately with William Northam Robemakers & Photographers in advance of your ceremony date and before Sunday 7 July 2019. It is mandatory that you wear the appropriate academic dress.
4. If you have an outstanding tuition or tuition related fee debt with us, you will not be able to attend a graduation ceremony until it has been settled. If it is not settled by Friday 28 June 2019 you will not be able to attend Graduation 2019. Your place will be cancelled and any guest tickets purchased will be refunded.
5. If you are unable to attend the time and date of your allocated graduation ceremony, you will not be able to transfer to a different ceremony time and date. You can either graduate in absentia or defer to 2020.If there are extenuating circumstances with your inability to attend your allocated time and date of your ceremony, these may be considered.
6. In the event of your allocated ceremony time and date being oversubscribed, we reserve the right to transfer you to an alternative ceremony time and date.
7. There is no charge for registration if you register on or before 14 June 2019. If you register on or after 15 June 2019, we hold the option to charge a non-refundable late registration fee of £50 in addition to the cost of any guest tickets, both of which are payable via the online store at http://onlinestore.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/ (“Online Store”).
8. If you register on or after 15 June 2019, we cannot guarantee that your certificate will be available on the day or that your name will appear in the programme.
9. Guest tickets cost £10. If you register on or before 14 June 2019, you will be eligible to purchase guest tickets through the Online Store at the point of registration. If you register on or after 15 June 2019, we are unable to guarantee that guest tickets will be available.
10. Children aged two years can attend the ceremony but will need to sit on the lap of a parent or guardian, and you will need an under 2s guest ticket for each child attending.There is no charge for an under 2s guest ticket.
11. If you are a registered disabled student and need a carer to accompany you at your graduation ceremony, you should advise the Events team at the time of registration, as you might be eligible for a free of charge additional guest ticket. If this is the case, or if you or your guests have any other special access needs, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
12. You will receive confirmation of registration and purchase of all guest tickets by email normally within 24 hours. You are advised not to make travel arrangements for you or your guests until you have received the confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We advise you not to make travel arrangements for additional guests until you have secured tickets for them.
13. Information about receiving your e-ticket and your guests’ e-tickets will be communicated to all graduands in advance of your graduation ceremony. All graduands and guests will require an e-ticket (on a mobile device or printed) to gain entrance to the first direct arena. Entry will not be permitted without a valid e-ticket.
14. We do not accept any responsibility for any registrations or guest ticket reservations that you do not have confirmation of. This is for any reason, whether lost, delayed, corrupted, due to any technical difficulties, malfunctions or otherwise.
15. All guest tickets must be bought in advance. We cannot guarantee that any guest tickets will be available to purchase on the day of your ceremony. In the event that tickets are available, these will be on sale from the box office at the first direct arena on the day of your ceremony only.
Cancellation and refunds
16. You may cancel your registration and any guest tickets by email to email@example.com at any time before your ceremony and you will be eligible for a refund for any guest ticket fees paid. Requests for refunds after the date and time of your ceremony will be issued at our sole discretion. If you are ineligible to attend your graduation ceremony because you have not met the criteria for conferment of an award we will automatically refund any ticket fees paid. Late registration fees are non-refundable, refunds for late registration fees will only be available in exceptional circumstances at our sole discretion. Refunds will normally be processed by 31 August 2019. In such circumstances, we are not responsible for any additional costs incurred by you or your guests.
On the day
17. Graduation is a formal occasion and you are expected to dress appropriately in business or formal clothing. Denim, leisure-wear and party-wear are not permitted. You must wear the correct Leeds Beckett University academic dress (cap and gown) for the ceremony in order to gain access to the graduation auditorium. This is available from William Northam Robemakers & Photographers who are our university’s official gown supplier. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the ceremony if you are not dressed appropriately.
18. All guests must have an e-ticket (on a mobile device or printed) to attend graduation. Guests must be seated at least 15 minutes before the ceremony begins.We reserve the right to refuse entry or remove any graduand or guest where it appears to us in our sole discretion to be necessary for the good conduct of proceedings and /or the safety, health, and wellbeing of graduands, guests, or staff.
19. Backpacks and large bags are not permitted in the first direct arena. Cloakrooms will be available for any items deemed oversized or otherwise by first direct arena staff. Any items left in the cloakroom will be done so at the owner’s risk and we do not accept liability for any items left in the cloakroom or unattended at the first direct arena. Bag and body searches will be in operation. All visitors will be screened prior to entry into the arena.Please allow sufficient time before your ceremony to pass through security.
20. By registering for a graduation ceremony you are giving your consent to us publishing your full name (as it appears in our student record system) and award title in the programme and on graduation merchandise. If you do not wish your information to be used in this way, you must notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14 June 2019.
Filming and use of images
21. All graduation ceremonies may be photographed, filmed, and/or live streamed via live webcast across the internet at www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/graduation by us or our agents. Your name will be announced as you process across the stage, this is a mandatory action for every student attending the graduation ceremony. By registering for graduation, you are giving your consent to the recording and transmission of images (both still and moving) of you and your guests. We retain all rights in any images and/or film, which may be used for publicity purposes and marketing materials. In addition to this, footage from graduation will be made publically available on YouTube and Facebook live during and after the graduation ceremony. If you do not wish for your information to be used in this way, you must notify us by email to email@example.com on or before 14 June 2019.
Graduation third party services
22. We will share your personal data (student ID, name, course and award) with our third party suppliers for graduation in order to enhance the experience we provide to you and improve the service you receive from them. Third party suppliers include, but are not limited to: our official gowning provider, with whom we will share your data to improve their booking service; approved sign language interpreters, with whom we will share data to improve the experience during the ceremony; we may also share your data with a video clip contractor to enable them to provide you with a personalised clip of you crossing the stage at graduation.
23. Any services purchased such as hospitality or photography and gown hire by William Northam Robemakers & Photographers etc. are entered into with your own contract with suppliers and should be contacted directly about their refund policy. You agree that Leeds Beckett University is neither liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any indirect or consequential losses and any losses arising from any contracts you enter into with any third parties in relation to your graduation ceremony.
24. Issues beyond the control of Leeds Beckett University should be taken up with the relevant third party.
25. If your graduation ceremony cannot take place or is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (without limitation): war, terrorism, civil commotion; fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, act of God; outbreak of communicable disease, epidemic, or pandemic; any strike or labour dispute; interruption or failure of any utility service; any law or government order, rule, regulation, or action by a government or public authority. You and your guests should ensure that you have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses you may suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.
Failure to comply with any of the above Terms and Conditions may result in the Student and their Guests losing their places at the Graduation Ceremony.