Leeds Beckett offers fully-funded PhD courses
22 February 2018
Leeds Beckett University is to offer five part-time doctoral scholarships for working educational professionals.
The fully-funded, part-time doctorates begin in October and are available in race and education, mental health and wellbeing, LGBTQ and inclusion, creativity, and coaching and mentoring.
Successful applicants – who should currently be working in education - will join the university’s part-time Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD) or PhD, with all fees paid.
The scholarships will be funded by the Carnegie School of Education. Professor Damien Page, Dean of the School, said: “As one of the leading Schools of Education in the country, we are committed to working with education professionals to use research as a means of addressing inequalities within the education system.
“These part-time doctoral scholarships will allow working professionals to investigate key issues within their professional settings and effect real change as a result.”
The deadline for applications is 19 March. Applicants should send a CV and expression of interest of no more than one page of A4 to creatED@leedsbeckett.ac.uk.
The expression of interest should outline:
- Which scholarship you would like to apply for.
- An overview of what you would like to research and why it interests you.
- A brief description of how you would collect data.
Applications will be reviewed, with successful applicants supported by the university to complete their full application. The scholarships will then begin in October 2018.
For further details about the doctorates, contact Damien.email@example.com
Click on the links below for further details about each Centre:
- Coaching and mentoring as part of CollectivEd.
- LGBTQ+ Inclusion as part of the LGBTQ+ Inclusion in Education Centre.
- Race and education as part of our Centre of Race, Education and Decoloniality.
- Mental health and wellbeing as part of our Centre of Excellence in Mental Health in Schools.
- Creativity as part of our Storymakers Company.