Research degrees at Leeds Beckett
Leeds Business School Studentships
Three Part-time Postgraduate Research Student 50% fees paid bursaries
Start Date: October 2019, For a period of five years.
The closing date for applications is Midnight on 31st August 2019
At Leeds Business School we believe in experiential and practical learning in order to guide and encourage motivated and forward thinking professionals. In today’s economy success comes by merging workplace and practical experience with academic sophisticated and analytical skills. Our professional Doctorate, the Doctor of Business Administration provides a perfect platform for this integration. Leeds Business School has a vibrant research community for doctoral study with over 90 research students and a track record of completing DBA students (to date 29 have graduated).
We have strong links with both public and private sector organisations, such as Leeds City Council and Yorkshire Bank.
This year to celebrate the re-launch of the DBA we are pleased to announce an offer of at least three 50% part-time fees paid bursaries for suitable candidates. This amounts to 50% of DBA fees for years 1, 2, 3 and 4 (a total of £20,000). This offer is available to both UK and international students, (candidates should be aware of attendance commitments and associated travel costs).
The successful candidates should be able to demonstrate how their proposed project relates to at least one of the School’s core research interests.
Interested candidates should contact researchadmissions on email@example.com titling their email DBA, they should attach a CV and summarise in a few sentences their proposed research interest. The admissions team will log the enquiry and ensure an academic contacts you to discuss fully your ideas.
Candidates should complete the online application form including a research proposal
Applicants are asked to complete the research student application form and provide a proposal of the research to be undertaken using the headings below as a guide.
- The proposal of the research can be up to four A4 pages in length (with references as an addition to the proposal) using type Arial 12 point.
- Applicants are asked to include at the start of the proposal the research project title.
- Applicants should use the research project reference (DBA OCT 19) as the subject in the email subject line when submitting their applications.
The criteria listed below will be used in both selecting those applicants who will be called for interview and those who will be successful in securing a Studentship.
- Qualifications, expertise and experience relevant to undertaking study for a PhD/EdD;
- Knowledge of the subject area that will allow the development of a focussed line of enquiry with reference to academic literatures as well as other relevant professionally engaged research literatures, and where appropriate including national, local and institutional policy documents;
- Knowledge and understanding of research methods appropriate to undertaking a PhD/EdD in your chosen area of research;
- Clarity on the original contribution that the completed PhD/EdD will make to the body of knowledge in the relevant research literature and the relationship of this literature to professional practice if in the case of EdD;
- Scale and scope of the proposed research in terms of delivery within the five-year part time studentship.
Each bursary will have 50% fees paid for part time study only meaning the fees charged for years 1, 2, 3 and 4 are £5,000.
The DBA studentship is for a period of 5 years part-time study. Annual renewal will be subject to satisfactory progress.
The start date of the studentship is 01st October 2019. The successful candidates will attend a compulsory induction at the beginning of October at Leeds Beckett University and are also required to attend he taught sessions on the DBA, applicants should ensure they are fully aware of the requirements of the course before formally applying. International applicants should ensure they are aware of the associated travel costs which they are responsible for.