Healthy Eating Week 2018
Work at Leeds Beckett? Passionate about home cooking and healthy eating? Then we've got just the thing for you!
BNF Healthy Eating Week 2018 Competition
With the Occupational Health team we’re running a competition for all Leeds Beckett staff that gives all passionate home cooks the chance to get their own healthy recipe on the Food Court menu at both City and Headingley Campus.
How to Enter
Simply look at the ingredients in the shopping bag below and using any number of those ingredients, devise your own healthy recipe. Send the recipe to the OH inbox email@example.com
The competition will be open from Thursday 7th June until 5pm on Thursday 14th June. Food services will judge all entries on the 15th June and the winners dish will appear on the Food Court menus at both campuses on Monday 18th June!
What is the BNF Healthy Eating Week?
The British Nutrition Foundation Healthy Eating Week brings together workplaces, universities and schools to focus on healthy eating and drinking, physical activities and healthy living.
As part of the Healthy Week, we're encouraging you to take on these five challenges. Check out these guides for advice and information.
- Have breakfast - Have a healthy breakfast every day - go for wholegrain or higher fibre foods, include a drink and at least one of your 5 A DAY!
- Have 5 a day - Have at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day – choose a variety!
- Drink plenty - Have at least 6-8 unsweetened drinks every day – water is a great choice!
- Get active - Get active every day – move more!
- Make a change - Make a change – set a goal to make a positive change that lasts!