She graduated with a BA (Hons) Marketing degree from Leeds Beckett University in 2014. She is now the Operations Director at Reboot Online, specialising in PR Operations.

Why did you choose your course at Leeds Beckett?

Leeds Beckett's commitment to providing excellent business courses was a major factor when it came to picking my course - it aligned perfectly with my academic and career aspirations. The university's strong emphasis on practical knowledge and real-world applications in business education resonated with me, making Leeds Beckett the ideal choice for my academic journey.

Leeds' reputation for vibrant student life was another factor. The dynamic atmosphere and rich cultural experiences that come with being in the heart of the city centre were incredibly appealing to me. I think getting used to heading into the city sets you up for work life. The iconic Rose Bowl building, with its modern and innovative design, further solidified my decision; it's a joy to work and study in!

Tell us a few details about your current role and how you got here.

I am currently the Operations Director at Reboot Online, a leading SEO company specialising in data-led Digital PR. We work with some well-known blue-chip clients. In my position, I play a pivotal role in maximising team efficiencies and ensuring the overall profitability of the company. It's a dream position for me. The role allows me to contribute to the success of the agency in the ever-evolving digital landscape.

Prior to this role, my career journey included valuable experiences in various Leeds-based agencies. My initial breakthrough was, in fact, due to the Leeds Beckett job portal, which helped me secure a position as a Content and Social Executive - a pivotal step that laid the foundation for my career path.

One unique highlight in my career path was a year-long venture as the founder of a pop-up cereal cafe based in Headingley called Moo'd Cereal House. Notably, my entrepreneurial spirit and dedication were recognised when I was honoured with the Leeds Beckett Entrepreneur of the Year award!

These experiences have shaped my professional journey, equipping me with a versatile skill set and a deep understanding of the digital marketing landscape. I am proud to leverage these experiences in my current role at Reboot Online, contributing to the success and innovation of the team.

How did your course at Leeds Beckett help you?

My Marketing course at Leeds Beckett played a vital role in shaping the professional I am today. The university's emphasis on practical knowledge and real-world applications (shout-out to Neil Kelley, course director) laid strong foundations for my career. The exposure to student life in Leeds, coupled with the cutting-edge facilities at the Rose Bowl, created an environment that fostered both personal and professional growth.

The Leeds Beckett job board proved to be a crucial resource, leading me to my first role as a Content and Social Executive at a growing Leeds agency. This initial opportunity set the stage for a series of experiences. The agency was a start-up so I had my fingers in many pies, so to speak. I rapidly moved through the ranks within the company, holding multiple roles spanning across content, social, SEO, PR and Ops - contributing to my understanding of the industry.

Additionally, the entrepreneurial spirit nurtured at Leeds Beckett manifested in my venture at Moo'd, a pop-up Cereal cafe. Winning the Leeds Beckett Entrepreneur of the Year award during this period was a significant acknowledgement of the university's support in fostering innovative thinking.

The comprehensive education and practical experiences gained at Leeds Beckett equipped me with the skills and knowledge needed to navigate the ever-evolving field of SEO and Digital PR. Today, as the Operations Director at Reboot Online, I draw on the foundations laid during my time at Leeds Beckett.

Through these obstacles, we learned invaluable lessons about setting clear priorities, investing in our team's skill development, and leveraging technology to streamline our operations.

What are some of your best memories of studying at Leeds Beckett?

Reflecting on my time at Leeds Beckett always brings a smile to my face. I met some of my now closest friends at Leeds Beckett which enriched my university experience and created lasting bonds that extend beyond the academic realm. I also enjoyed regular giant Yorkshire puddings at the City Campus Student Union.

A standout adventure during my time at Leeds Beckett was hitchhiking from Leeds to Croatia for charity. This daring journey showcased the adventurous spirit nurtured at the university and remains a testament to the incredible experiences that studying at Leeds Beckett gave me.

Of course, the pinnacle of my academic journey was graduation day! Walking across the stage in my cap and gown was a moment of immense pride and accomplishment. It marked the culmination of years of hard work, growth, and the beginning of a new chapter. Of course, I celebrated afterwards at the epic Brudenell Social.

What has been your biggest success so far?

My journey since Leeds Beckett has been marked by several successes. One of the most significant milestones was landing the senior leadership role, as the Operations Director at Reboot Online, in June 2023.

The foundation for this achievement was laid during my time at Leeds Beckett, where I not only gained a solid academic background but also cultivated essential skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.

After graduation, I continuously strived to learn new skills - keeping on top of SEO industry trends and of late, learning coding, automation, and AI skills.

What advice would you have liked to receive when you were a student?

Firstly, I would stress the importance of realising that education extends beyond the degree itself. While academic achievements are undoubtedly crucial, it's equally vital to actively seek out opportunities for practical experience, which Leeds Beckett course leaders encourage and support with. Placements, internships, and hands-on projects can provide invaluable insights into the real-world applications of your studies. This not only enhances your CV but also provides a practical understanding of your field, setting you apart in a competitive job market.

Passion for your subject matter is a driving force that can elevate your learning experience. I would advise embracing your studies with genuine enthusiasm, allowing your passion to fuel your curiosity and drive for excellence.

Self-teaching is also a skill that can significantly enhance your competence and employability. In today's rapidly evolving professional landscape, staying updated with industry tools and trends is invaluable. Take the initiative to explore and self-educate to complement your formal education.

Lastly, (and I am sure many people say this) don't forget to have fun. Embrace extra-curricular activities, socialise, and create lasting memories. Balancing hard work with enjoyment not only contributes to a fulfilling student experience but also shapes a well-rounded individual ready to face the challenges of the professional world.