Technology Futures Symposium
Students from across Leeds Beckett University’s Leeds School of Arts were given the opportunity to engage with the concept of ‘Technology Futures’ through a Symposium on Wednesday 7 November 2018.
The whole School event, presented as part of Technology modules on both the BA (Hons) and MArch Architecture courses, invited five brilliant speakers including three Architecture alumni, to discuss the role technical expertise has upon design in their workplace. The talks generated in-depth debate between the audience and panel and were entitled;
- ‘Social Justice as Integral to Sustainable Energy Futures’
- ‘Challenging Convention Through Modular Fabrication’
- ‘From Hodder’s to Uganda through Building Techniques and Material Systems’
- ‘Building Integrated Technical Food Systems’
- ‘The Art of Engineering and Design’
Special thanks are extended to all five speakers Dr Anne Schiffer of Leeds Beckett University, Tess Widdowson of Citu, Nick Wright from Hodder + Partners, Dr Andrew Jenkins from Queens University Belfast, and Tim Burton from SHStructures.
Craig Stott (MEng, BArch, MA, ARB) is a Project Office co-director, Architect and Senior Architecture Lecturer at the Leeds School of Architecture, Leeds Beckett University.