Leeds School of Arts | Blog

Award nomination for Leeds Beckett student

BA (Hons) Entertainment Management alumnus and current MSc Events Management student Henna Angus was named as a finalist for the Simply Ladies Awards, in the categories ‘Contribution to Music’ and ‘GirlBoss’. Here she talks about her experience.

Since a young age I have been part of the entertainment industry through performing; singing, dancing and acting and appearing at venues such as, Harewood House, The West Yorkshire Playhouse and The Royal Albert Hall. Over time this speared my interest on towards the production and organisation of creating musical events and helping other emerging artists.

Henna with her award

In the first year of my undergraduate degree I created Paramount Music; in the early stages aiming to put on events and to create a platform for emerging local artists to perform and gain local media coverage. Since then Paramount Music has developed into a multi-service business with one aim in mind; to support and help emerging artists with training and industry opportunities through curating masterclasses and placement events.

Henna Angus

At the beginning of 2019 I received a surprise email notifying me that I had been nominated for two awards for the Simply Ladies awards, in the categories ‘Contribution to Music’ and ‘GirlBoss’, put forward by a former colleague from ITV. From nearly 200 nominees I made it to the final three in both categories.

I attended the award ceremony, which took place at the Centaury Pavilion at Elland Road on 8 March, 'International Women’s Day'. It was an amazing night, and was lovely to be in a room full of savvy women! It is extremely humbling and overwhelming to know that the work I put into Paramount Music is recognised and appreciated.

Posted in

Tags:

About the Author

Henna Angus

Henna Agnus

Henna Angus studied Entertainment Management atLeeds Beckett and is currently studying for an MSc in Events Management.

Archive

Syndication