2020 Architecture Open Lecture Series
The Architecture subject team at Leeds School of Arts have announced the programme for their winter 2020 open lecture series entitled 'Fortuitous Encounters' - with free public talks taking place on 18th & 25th November and 2nd & 9th December.
The events are organised in conjunction between members of academic staff and students.
18 November 2020, 17:00 – 18:00
Representation in Architecture
- 17:00 Michael Russum (Birds Portchmouth Russum Architects)
- 17:30 Amin Taha (Groupwork)
25 November 2020, 17:00 – 18:00
Green Infrastructure As An Agency For…
- Martin Felsen
- Gemma Jerome
2 December 2020, 17:00 – 18:30
Dialogical Urbanism: Giving a voice to those displaced in the margins of Buenos Aires
- Adriana Massidda (De Montfort University)
- Martín Motta (Ministry of Territorial Development and Habitat of Argentina)
- Florencia Almansi (International Institute for Environment and Development)
- J. Davis Harte (Boston Architectural College)
- Doreen Balabanoff (OCAD University)
Hafeda is an artist, designer, writer and academic. His work employs art and architecture practices as research methods to negotiate the politics of urban space, focussing on the issues of borders, refuge, displacement, representation and spatial rights. Through this, Hafeda engages with communities to produce counter representations and spatial alternatives that span urban interventions, media representations, art installations and writings.