Like a Matryoshka doll, School Practice is a Library within Headingley Campus Library. The School Practice ‘collection’ is aimed at Leeds Beckett students working towards a teaching qualification. While teacher-development resources: learning theories and other academic texts are kept in the main collection, resources that can be used directly with children are kept in School Practice. These include books, big books, story sacks and more.
And to celebrate World Book Day (3rd March 2016) there is a display of prize winning books in our School Practice collection - look out for these local, national and international awards:
- Blue Peter Book Awards Book Trust
- Carnegie Medal Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- CLiPPA (Centre for Literacy in Primary Poetry Award) Centre for Literacy in Primary Education
- Information Book Awards School Library Association
- Kate Greenaway Medal Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- Leeds Book Awards Leeds School Library Service, Leeds City Council.
- National Book Award National Book Foundation [US]
- Roald Dahl Funny Prize Book Trust
- UKLA Book Award UK Literacy Association