Library behind the scenes: Meet the Library holds team!
At the Sheila Silver Library we have...
- Sheila: loves Motorsport – NASCAR, Formula 1, touring Cars & MotoGP, ;travelling on planes and Game of Thrones & The Walking Dead – she’s been to a two day Walker Stalker Convention. She doesn’t like tea, jazz, or being on a ship in the middle of the ocean.
- Laura: likes knitting (badly), watching Hammer Horror films and books (I work in a library, so I MUST like books). She doesn’t like celery, washing dishes or people who push in to queues.
- Joanna: loves eating toast, walking in the rain and swimming in the sea. She doesn’t like travelling by bus, waking up early in the morning or spending all day inside.
At Headingley Library we have:
- James: likes all things football and appreciates a fine piece of knitwear.
- Suzy: likes watching quiz shows, ten pin bowling and holidays by the sea.
- Clare: likes painting, collecting tarot cards and is always on the look out for the perfect leopard print coat.
What happens when you place a hold?
The next morning at 8 o’clock a list is created with all the holds from the previous day. We print this off as early as we can and start searching.
Once we have found your hold, we process it and put it on the shelf in the High Demand Area (near the Help and Information Point). If you’ve requested to collect your book at another Leeds Beckett Library, we put it in a box ready to be delivered.
Once the book is processed, you will receive an email notification to your student email account to let you know that the book is ready to be collected!
Our 3 top holds tips:
- Make sure you choose which Library you want to pick up the hold from – City or Headingley.
- Wait till you receive an email before coming to collect your hold! Unfortunately, it won’t be ready immediately and sometimes it can take a while to track books down if they’re being used by others regularly.
- When you come to collect your hold, you need to look for it under the first letter of your surname and the last four numbers of your Library ID.
If you have any questions about holds, we’d be very happy to help you. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org