Get your tech sorted!
The Library and Student IT Advice Team have lots of handy hints to help you set up your tech so that you can study from home or if you come onto campus.
- If you are buying your own laptop or printer we have some advice on what (and what not to buy).
- Make sure all your devices are secure with discounted anti-virus software and a strong password.
- Use Chrome web browser to access and other university systems.
- Access your free copies of Microsoft 365 – you can install 5 free copies of Office on your devices and access a wide range of apps.
- Take a look at MyBeckett to find your modules and reading lists, access Library and other university services, submit your assignments and much more.
- Log in to your student email – via the IT or Course Tab in
- Save your work to OneDrive – you get 1TB of personal storage.
- Download other software you need for your course including SPSS.
- Use eduroam if you come onto campus to access the university’s Wi-Fi
- Get the most out of your home Wi-Fi by reducing the resolution of the videos you stream and rebooting your router every week.