I’m studying Sport and Exercise Therapy at Leeds Beckett University and I’m in my final undergraduate year. 

I started working at the clinic in my first year but then, because of Covid, we weren’t able to open for a while, so I’m back now in my final year. It’s very hands-on in the clinic, and I’ve learnt so much through the practical work. You take in so much because you see everything in the clinic for yourself. 

We get a lot of shoulder, quads, back, elbow injuries – a really big range of conditions actually. We mostly get students coming in, but we do get some staff in for treatment as well. 

If anyone would like help with recovery, or to get in better shape, I would encourage them to come along. We diagnose injuries and offer treatments such as sports massage, ultrasound, and shockwave. We also prescribe home exercises and build patients a rehab plan.

Everything we do is tailored for the individual person, so if people want to build their fitness and condition, we can start with easy exercises and we work with them to increase that so they can improve over time. 

Free treatment for staff and students

All therapeutic services at the clinic are free of charge for all staff and students at Leeds Beckett University. 

Offering advice, guidance and treatments to enhance and support the sporting performance of students and staff, the clinic also provides students with practical experience and helps them achieve the 200 placement hours required for membership of The Society of Sports Therapists upon graduation.

The clinic is supervised by experienced and professionally qualified staff.

Therapeutic services

Some of the services on offer at the Sports and Exercise Therapy Clinic are: 

• Injury examination and assessment
  • Rehabilitation programmes
  • Prehabilitaiton (working with you whilst you wait for an operation)
  • Post-surgery (orthopaedic) rehabilitation and return to sport
  • Return to sport testing
  • Sports massage
  • Event preparation

The summer Sport and Exercise Therapy Clinic will run every Wednesday from 25 May until 27 July (inclusive), 10:30am to 3:30pm. For more information, or to book, visit the clinic website