My job with the Police is rewarding and challenging

Alumni spotlight | Bethany Keeling Morris, BA (Hons) International Relations & Peace Studies, Class of 2020

Bethanie Morris standing by the sea

Bethany Keeling Morris - Contact Centre Office Staffordshire Police.

Tell us about your current role and what it involves

My current role is a Contact Centre Officer within the Control Room for Staffordshire Police. This has given me the opportunity to be SPOC (single point of contact) for counterterrorism and prevent in the control room.

How did you find this job? 

Most police forces put their current vacancies on their website so keep checking as they are updated regularly. There are all sorts of different roles available.

What do you enjoy about your job the most?

I was interested in the jobs the Police offer for a few reasons; the job security and the rewarding and challenging work. I love my job for consistently pushing me to the limits of what I thought I was capable of doing. The adrenaline of the high intensity work and the emotional challenges help me become a more well-rounded person and expand my worldview. I enjoy the responsibility of real time intelligence and making large impact decisions.

What skills that you learnt at university have you been able to apply in your role? 

My critical thinking and ability to understand different perspectives, which I developed during my time studying International Relations and Peace Studies at Leeds Beckett, helps me to see the bigger picture in the work I do.

What will your story be?

Studying with us is a great choice, check out some of our courses and see for yourself!