MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY FOR RESULTS DAY
Prepare for 10 August by getting all the information you need on our Clearing site. You can even pre register to get support from us, should you need it, on the day itself.
15 Things to do this Valentine's Day
Hi, I’m Molly and I want to share with you 15 unusual ideas for things to do with your partner or friends this Valentine’s Day in Leeds!
Okay, here are my 15 suggestions for Valentine’s – let me know in the comments below if you end up doing any of them!
- Explore Leeds Art Gallery: This is great for a ﬁrst date, and it’s free! If you both have an interest in art, it would be a fun way to spend the evening.
- Roxy Ball Room: This is a great place to socialise and to break the ice on a ﬁrst date. It’s fun, fairly cheap and is a lot of fun. You can play golf, ping pong, beer pong, pool plus you can take photos in their photo booth as a little memory from the evening. The cocktails aren’t too bad either!
- A gig at the Brudenell: If you’re a music loving couple, check out the website to see if they have any good upcoming gigs for a special night with your partner.
- Rooftop bar: Both Skylounge and Angelica’s have rooftop bars which boast amazing views of the city. Both places also oﬀer great food and cocktails, so you can really treat yourselves this Valentine’s. This would be a great place to get dressed up and enjoy a slightly fancier date night than usual in Leeds.
- Everyman cinema: If you haven’t been to this cinema yet, go for Valentine’s! It has comfy sofas, relaxing chairs and you can also get table service – food and drinks get delivered right to your seat. So, book a ﬁlm, order some wine and enjoy a pizza!
- Go to the theatre: Leeds Play House (formerly West Yorkshire Playhouse) and Leeds Grand Theatre both have some great shows on Valentines, such as ‘Kes’ or ‘Random’.
- Escape Rooms: This is a great idea for a double date, or for a ‘mate date’ with your group of friends. Tick Tock Unlock and The Great Escape Room are two of the best escape rooms in Leeds. They’re not too expensive too.
- Bongo’s Bingo: Bongos Bingo is a must in Leeds. This would be fun in either a couple or a big group. It’s such a fun night – you stand on tables, dance to cheesy pop and win ridiculous prizes! They have an event on the 14th of Feb, however you’ll have to be quick because tickets will sell out fast! This bingo game has great prizes and is well with the money.
- Junkyard Golf: If you both fancy a fun night out, head here. The cocktails are amazing, they do student discount and it’s a great date place!
- Freejumping at Oxygen: This is really good fun for everyone. It’s a trampoline park with lots of fun little extras – why not go and get jumping, and have a competition on who can win at the games, and have pizza afterwards.
- Cook something: If going out isn’t your thing or you’re trying to save money, why not suggest staying in and cooking for your date? Marks and Spencer sell a delicious ‘Dine in for £10’ deal. You get a main, sides, pudding and a bottle of wine for a tenner. It’s the perfect night in!
- Headrow House: Head here for some live music, drinks, good food and good company! You never know, if the weather is good, you may also be able to go outside and enjoy their amazing roof terrace.
- Greek Street: Head down Greek Street in Leeds city centre to ﬁnd amazing cocktails and amazing food. Manhatta, The lost and Found and Neighbourhood are all fun, quirky bar/restaurants to take your date.
- Tattu: This restaurant is a must for any date night. If you both love Chinese food with a twist, book yourselves in here. The cocktails are also incredible – they’re very instagrammable, if that’s your thing!
- A pub quiz: Pub Quizzes are great fun and it means you can usually win some great prizes. A Nation of Shopkeepers, LS6 Cafe, Old Bar, The Library, The Dry Dock and The Box all oﬀer some great pub quizzes.
Hi I’m Molly! I’m currently a second year student studying Journalism and I love it! It’s my passion to write and express my ideas through writing. I’m here to give some advice and my ideas on university life!