It’s that time again….14th February is fast approaching. Do you already have plans with your loved one? If not here some things to do in Leeds to impress your other half.
First up, food. Leeds has plenty of restaurants to suit all tastes, so here are 3 good ideas for places to spend a lovely night.
- Le chalet. This French inspired restaurant offers a cheesy night (literally!) for a very special Valentine’s evening. Their delicious cheese fondue is made for sharing – although it’s very tempting to keep it to yourself. You can then enjoy melting chocolate with fruit and marshmallows for dessert. Chocolate and cheese and cozy atmosphere – what more could you want?
- Olive and Rye. If you’re not into a fussy Valentine’s Day evening, Olive & Rye is perfect. There’s no special menu or offer - just fresh and tasty food, a relaxed atmosphere and a reasonable price. It’s definitely the most casual, low key way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but you’re still getting a treat of a meal.
- George’s Great British Kitchen is a good choice if you want to stick to British gastronomy. During Valentine’s weekend (Thursday to Sunday), they have a special offer for lovebirds. You can get 2 courses and a bottle of prosecco for less than £25. Dishes include a giant fish and chip shop style chips, pies and burgers. It’s the perfect occasion to try one of the best restaurants in Leeds (It’s even been shortlisted for “Best British restaurant” by the Yorkshire Evening Post Oliver Awards!)
If you want to make a full day of it, Leeds offers plenty of activities to do, too. Why not treat your loved one to a good movie? The cinemas in Leeds are celebrating this special day with special programme of showings!
- Everyman is offering the full V day package. They’re having a special ‘Night at the Moulin Rouge’ which includes viewing the classic romantic movie Le moulin rouge, plus fresh French inspired food and drinks. Amazing!
- Vue or Hyde Park Picture House, which respectively will be showing ‘The Shape of Water’ – a beautiful movie about love and acceptance. Valentine's Day is definitely occasion to (re)discover beautiful movies!
If you're not into the cinema, and/or want to something more original, why not indulge in a course? This is a good opportunity to create unforgettable memories and maybe discover a new passion with your love! Multiple restaurants and bars in Leeds, such as Harvey Nichols or specialist places like Yorkshire Wine School are offering wine tasting experiences for two.
There’s also cooking classes which are very popular in Leeds. After all, it is not said that a couple who cooks together stays together? Leeds Cookery School offer a full range of options - from vegan all the way to fish based courses.
If you’re more into baking, head to Le Pain Quotidien, in Victoria Quarter. They host baking classes, and again you can specialize in vegan, gluten free or other specific types of baking if you wish. You also get complimentary gifts, drinks and goodies to take home.
There you go, you have lots of ideas – I hope you go ahead and organize the best Valentine's Day yet!