I believe when you're a new student, it's important to utilise your time, especially if you're new to being independent. I've learnt a lot of new skills since coming to the UK and starting my course so I thought I'd share some of my top tips on managing your time to get the most out of your student experience.

Establish a schedule

I prefer to structure my day to start at 9am and finish at 5pm. I find it easier to study during normal daytime hours and the earlier you start, the earlier you can finish, leaving you to enjoy the evenings and relax.

Managing your time so that you can study, work, still get time to have your time is cherry on top. It’s also important to set small goals. Break each large goal into smaller goals. While a big goal is exciting to tackle, it is what often leads to failure as we take on too much. This approach assist me with my time here in UK.

Planning is essential

Preparing the night before means one less thing to worry about in the morning. Planning is crucial to help me succeed, with having set goal they can serve as important reminders to help me keep on track. Planning always help me with my goals and I always find myself prepared for different challenges that might come uup.

Make a productivity wall

Different to a to-do-list, a productivity wall is more visual and interactive, being able to see your tasks will help you stay focused and working hard as well as an opportunity to get creative. I prefer to be productive then being lazy and doing nothing. I feel that increasing my productivity benefits my wellbeing and general health. I also find that I have more time to take care of my mind and body when I spend less time on the tasks I need to achieve that week. I believe that people who are more productive are frequently also more conscious of their mental and physical well-being.

Time management

The significance of time management cannot be overstated, no matter how obvious it may seem. I would recommend you purchase and keep a journal. Establish a timetable for your training and figure out how much time you should allot to each task.

Try to follow a regular schedule for studying, perhaps by working a certain amount of hours each day. Make sure you give yourself enough time to prepare and complete your assignment so that you don't have to stay up late writing it.

Work experience

I would recommend getting some work experience whilst you're studying. Your interactions at work will help you improve both your language abilities if English isn't your first language and it will help your understanding of the local culture. You will develop an open mind set and learn to accept cultural differences by immersing yourself in the local society.

Being an international student myself part time working help me a lot to learned about norm and values in the UK. It also helped me practice the skills I've mentioned above in an environment outside of studying.

I hope you've found my tips useful, make sure you share any tips you have with other new students.