Image of Global Engagement Officer with a blurred background

What are the five best things about studying in Leeds?

1. Leeds is a great city if you want a mix of urban life and nature, you are on the doorstep of the Yorkshire Dales.
  2. Leeds is a city full of interesting people, lots of students but also diverse locals.
  3. I enjoy being able to access a lots of different activities inside and out of university.
  4. Being exposed to different cultures has taught me a lot about the world and myself.
  5. For an international student, regardless of what country you are from, there’s something for everyone in Leeds.

Have you been involved in any social activities?

Meeting people from outside of Europe, taught and inspired me to learn from their cultures and values. This inspired me to learn different languages and be more curious about others!

What are your plans for the future?

I’ve taken part in various societies and sporting activities such as surf club, allotment charity work, outdoor groups, wild swimming, political groups and a whole host of different things. The initiatives and interests I have shown to participate in different activities have helped me find what I truly like.

What advice would you give to someone from your country?

Socialise, talk to people, get involved in various activities, try and learn about the people that surround you, and that will help you make yourself truly whole, know more about yourself, and be a better person altogether.

Joshua

Ciao, my name is Joshua I came from Italy in 2019 to study Sport Exercise Science with a foundation year. I’m currently the Global Engagement Officer for Headingley campus, working with Carnegie School of Sport, Carnegie School of Education and School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management.