Colleagues honoured at Golden Robes awards
Dr Nicola Worrillow, winner, Best Academic Advisor
Colleagues from across the university judged to have made a difference to life at Leeds Beckett received awards at an online ceremony on Thursday 11 June.
Students and colleagues submitted over 700 nominations for this year’s event, which is organised collaboratively by the university and the Students’ Union.
Marc Turu Porcel, joint winner, Best Lecturer
This year’s event took place on Microsoft Teams, with almost 500 colleagues watching the ceremony live. You can re-watch the event here.A full list of winners is available below, with more details about the worthy winners available on the student union website. A huge congratulations to all those nominated this year.
- Colleague of the Year – Caroline Thomas, Registry; Aidan Whitehouse, Digital; Ruth Newby, Cares and Beth Roberts, IT Services
- Researcher of the Year – Lydia Isherwood, Leeds Beckett Students’ Union
- Team of the Year - Security team, Cares
- Outstanding Contribution to Innovation – Sana Waliyat, School of Built Environment, Engineering & Computing
- Leader of the Year – Dr Helen Fawkner, Leeds School of Social Sciences
- Best Lecturer – Dr Akbar Sheikh-Akbari, School of Built Environment, Engineering & Computing and Marc Turu Porcel, Carnegie School of Education
- Best Course Team - Youth Work & Community Development and Young People, Communities & Society
- Best Module – Prison: Learning Together
- Best Feedback – Sean Dodson, Leeds Business School
- Best Course Director – Lisa Gorton, School of Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Best Dissertation Supervisor – Dr Alexandria Bradley, Leeds School of Social Sciences
- Best Academic Advisor – Dr Nicola Worrillow (pictured top), School of Health & Community Studies
- Unsung Hero – Richard Whitehead, School of Health & Community Studies
- Contribution to Diversity & Inclusion – Sherry Iqbal, Leeds Beckett Students’ Union
- Highlight of the Year – Ben Bolton-Grant and Jo Sandiford, Leeds School of Social Sciences
- Posthumous awards - David Morby and Dr Steve Wright