Best ever NSS results for LBU
The latest NSS results show that 84.8% of LBU students were satisfied overall with the quality of their course, which is up from 84.2% last year.
The 84.8% rating is above the national average of 82.7% and this year sees the University jump up to 36th position out of 121 institutions in the NSS Overall Satisfaction rankings.
This year, 89.7% of students agreed that staff were good at explaining things, 85% reported that their courses enabled then to explore ideas or concepts in depth, and 90% outlined that the library resources have supported their learning well.
LBU is also above the national average for 24 of the 27 NSS survey questions which students were asked.
Fifteen out of 94 eligible courses were given 100% Overall Satisfaction by final year students:
- BA (Hons) Youth Work and Community Development (JNC)
- BA (Hons) Sport Development
- BA (Hons) Performance
- BA (Hons) Marketing with Advertising Management
- BA (Hons) Journalism
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Human Geography and Planning
- BSc (Hons) Hospitality Business Management
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- BA (Hons) Dance
- BSc (Hons) Creative Media Technology
- BSc (hons) Computer science
- BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Broadcast Media Technologies
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences
The NSS is an annual independent survey of final year undergraduate students on their experiences at university. Conducted since 2005, it gives students a powerful voice to help shape the future of their course.
The survey helps to inform prospective students’ choices, provides data that supports universities and colleges to improve the student experience, and supports public accountability.
94% of students in the School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management were satisfied overall with the quality of their course, while the Carnegie School of Sport received a 90% rating.