Dance professional development day conference at Leeds Beckett
Bookings are now open for the full-day event, which will take place at the University's Headingley Campus from 8.20am-4.30pm on Monday 8 December.
The day is aimed at facilitating widening participation in dance using a collaborative approach where students, teachers, artists, advisers and all those who have an interest in dance, or are involved in raising the profile of the subject in schools, and the community can meet and take part in the practical and theoretical understanding of dance in an educational context.
Organiser Dr John Connell, a Senior Lecturer in Dance at Leeds Beckett, said: “The Dance Professional Conference day will focus on utilising the collaborative, creative experience and expertise of primary teachers to aid the creation of students’ individual dance teaching resource handbooks which will support the teaching of dance in schools.
“There will be teaching throughout the day as well as presentations, discussions, and performances. The conference will be a great opportunity for those attending to draw on the experience of professionals in the sector across West Yorkshire.
“There is no charge for the day and parking is free on campus. To enable the day to be free and costs kept to a minimum, attendees are welcome to bring their own refreshments or they can be purchased on campus. All we would please ask is a donation towards John Jamieson School – Specialist Inclusive Learning Centre.”
To book your place or for further information please email Dr John Connell at email@example.com
For further details please contact Julia Williams in the Communications team at Leeds Beckett on 0113 812 5978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for editors:
- Leeds Beckett University was previously Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Leeds Beckett University has around 32,000 students and just over 3,000 staff.
- The Vice Chancellor of Leeds Beckett University is Professor Susan Price and the Chancellor is Sir Bob Murray CBE.
- Leeds Beckett’s four faculties are: Arts, Environment and Technology, Business & Law, Health and Social Sciences, and Carnegie.
- Leeds Beckett University is the only university in the UK to have achieved both the Customer Service Excellence standard, Investors in People Gold and the RoSPA Gold medal.
- The Destination of Leavers in Higher Education (DLHE) showed that the proportion of Leeds Beckett 2012/13 graduates in work, further study or both six months after leaving university was 93.7%.