Volleyball is one of the most popular sports at our University for competitive and social sports. Our club caters for a range of abilities from beginners to experienced players, so training comprises drills and games to develop skills for all players.
Why Should I Join Volleyball
We are a friendly, enthusiastic and very diverse club who welcome any level of player. Our club members work together to develop all of our players which creates a strong team spirit throughout the year. Volleyball can be played at a competitive level or you can participate in our social sessions alongside fellow Beckett students. Being part of volleyball means that there is always something for everyone to get involved with - regardless of your ability! We aim to make all of our new club members feel a part of the family, not just on the court but also as part of our club social activities - which helps us all get to know each other better and develop strong and lasting friendships in the club. We are known for our ‘family’ ethos and help to support one another in all aspects of university life.
To arrange a FREE taster session contact the club on the details in the section below.
We also offer Turn Up and Play Volleyball as part of our Social Sport Programme.
- Match day tops provided.
- Appropriate training and sports attire required for weekly training sessions
- Knee pads are required if you wish to commit to volleyball each week
- Mondays - 17:00-19:00 - Blue Hall (Headingley Campus)
- Tuesdays - 19:30-21:30 - Green Hall (Headingley Campus)
- Fridays - 18:00-20:00 - Blue Hall (Headingley Campus)
- The Volleyball Club won the “Most Improved Club” award at the 2018/2019 Beckett Sports Awards.
- Last season the men’s team were undefeated in their league, winning BUCS Northern 3A. The women’s team were runner's up in the BUCS Northern Conference Cup, narrowly losing out to York University in the final.