Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Oliver Bray
About Dr Oliver Bray
Oliver is the Director of Arts in the Leeds School of Arts.
Oliver’s well-respected performance and live art practice has toured nationally and internationally to venues and festivals including Sibiu International Theatre Festival, Romania; In between Time, Bristol; and the National Review of Live Art, Glasgow. His performance work seeks always to be genuinely innovative and edgy, while remaining unapologetically inclusive, eminently watchable and often quite a bit funny.
Oliver’s current research interests stem from his professional practice in contemporary performance and live art but are inherently interdisciplinary in nature. As a theatre maker and practice-led researcher, his current interests include methodologies of restriction and constraint, speech-making, the art of rhetoric and the performance potential of ’pataphysical post-truth in the 21st century.
Journal articles (1)
- Bray O; Bray P (2013) Voicing Trauma and Truth Narratives of Disruption and Transformation.
- Bray O (2019) Perecquian Spaces for Performance Practice. In: Forsdick C; Leak A; Phillips R Georges Perecs Geographies : Material, Performative and Textual Spaces. : UCL Press, pp. .
View Repository Record
Conference contributions (1)
- bray O (2016) Literary and Theatrical Constraint University of Sheffield 06/05/2016.
- Bray OP (In press), The Animal Was Upon Him
- Bray OP (In press), The Speech Maker
- Bray OP (In press), The Elision of Scaff'
- Bray OP (In press), Of This Room
- (In press)Ursonate Post-truth
- Academics and students share insights to mark National Writing Day
- New radio station launches dedicated to under-represented music genres
- Leeds School of Arts building topping out ceremony hits the high notes
- Students bring Alchemy to life at Leeds Light Night
- Landing Party to showcase work of final year Performance students