Research at Leeds Beckett
Dr Oliver Bray
About Dr Oliver Bray
Oliver joined Leeds Beckett University in 2006, has been the Head of Performing Arts since 2014 and is now the Director of Arts in the Leeds School of Arts.
Oliver’s well-respected performance and live art practice has toured nationally and internationally to venues and festivals including Sibiu International Theatre Festival, Romania; In between Time, Bristol; and the National Review of Live Art, Glasgow. His performance work seeks always to be genuinely innovative and edgy, while remaining unapologetically inclusive, eminently watchable and often quite a bit funny.
Oliver’s current research interests stem from his professional practice in contemporary performance and live art but are inherently interdisciplinary in nature. As a theatre maker and practice-led researcher, his current interests include methodologies of restriction and constraint, speech-making, the art of rhetoric and the performance potential of ’pataphysical post-truth in the 21st century.
Journal articles (1)
- Bray O; Bray P (2013) Voicing Trauma and Truth Narratives of Disruption and Transformation. . .
- Bray O (2019) Perecquian Spaces for Performance Practice. In: Bray O Georges Perecs Geographies. : UCL Press, pp. .
Conference contributions (1)
- bray O (2016) Literary and Theatrical Constraint University of Sheffield 20160506. : .
- Bray OP (In press), The Animal Was Upon Him.
- Bray OP (In press), The Speech Maker.
- Bray OP (In press), The Elision of Scaff'.
- Bray OP (In press), Of This Room.
- Creative Arts building topping out ceremony hits the high notes
- Students bring Alchemy to life at Leeds Light Night
- Landing Party to showcase work of final year Performance students