Dr Oliver Bray
About Dr Oliver Bray
Oliver is the Director of Arts in the Leeds School of Arts.
Oliver’s well-respected performance and live art practice has toured nationally and internationally to venues and festivals including Sibiu International Theatre Festival, Romania; In between Time, Bristol; and the National Review of Live Art, Glasgow. His performance work seeks always to be genuinely innovative and edgy, while remaining unapologetically inclusive, eminently watchable and often quite a bit funny.
Oliver’s current research interests stem from his professional practice in contemporary performance and live art but are inherently interdisciplinary in nature. As a theatre maker and practice-led researcher, his current interests include methodologies of restriction and constraint, speech-making, the art of rhetoric and the performance potential of ’pataphysical post-truth in the 21st century.
Journal articles (1)
- Bray O (2019) Perecquian Spaces for Performance Practice. In: Forsdick C; Leak A; Phillips R Georges Perec's Geographies: Material, Performative and Textual Spaces. : UCL Press, pp. .https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/116894
View Repository Record
- Bray OP (2013) 'Why me?' Trauma through a Performance Lens: Performance through a Trauma Lens. In: Nanda A; Bray P The Strangled Cry: The Communication and Experience of Trauma. : Inter-Disciplinary Press, pp. .https://www.interdisciplinarypress.net/online-store/medical-humanities/the-strangled-cry-the-communication-experience-of-trauma
- Bray OP; Bray P (2013) 'Why Can't I Stop Looking?' A Therapeutic and Performative Debate on the Performance of Trauma. In: Lavrijsen A . : , pp. .
- Bray OP; Bray P (2011) Fathers and Sons: An Autoethnographic Case Study of Bereavement and Trauma. In: Barrette C; Haylock B; Mortimer D Traumatic Imprints: Performance, Art, Literature and Theoretical Practice. : , pp. .
Conference contributions (4)
- Bray O; Pinchbeck M; Nicklin H (2016) WHERE FROM HERE: 21 Years of Third Angel Leeds Beckett University 17/11/2016.
- bray O (2016) Literary and Theatrical Constraint University of Sheffield 06/05/2016.
- Bray OP (2012) The Speech Maker Leeds 27/06/2012.
- Bray OP; Bray P (2011) Fathers and Sons: An Autoethnographic Case Study of Bereavement and Trauma Prague, Czech Republic 11/03/2011.
- Bray OP (In press) The Animal Was Upon Him
- Bray OP; Bray P (In press) 'Why can't I stop looking?' A Therapeutic and Performative Debate on Performed Trauma
- Bray OP (In press) The Speech Maker
- Bray OP; Krische R (In press) 'T.Hanks' B-motion
- Bray OP (In press) Villa
- Bray OP (In press) The Elision of Scaff'
- Bray OP (In press) Of This Room
- (In press)Ursonate Post-truthhttps://vimeo.com/294554269
Theses or dissertations (1)
- Bray OP (2018) Exercises in Constraint: The Poetics of the OuLiPo in Performancehttp://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/21505/