Research at Leeds Beckett
About Scott Warren
Scott Warren is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Health and Community studies. He is a registered nurse, nurse teacher and fellow of the HEA. He works clinically as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) and is a non-medical prescriber.
Scott qualified as a registered nurse in 2001 and has worked in South Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and the Humber, Coast and Vale STP. He has worked predominately in secondary care settings and has clinical experience in Acute, high dependency and emergency care nursing and advanced practice. He has worked as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner and Clinical Skills Educator since 2009 in the NHS.
Scott teaches on both postgraduate and pre-registration modules, he has a specialist interest in advanced practice, clinical skills and simulation.
- Advanced Health Assessment
- ACP Professional Development
- Assessment & Management of Complex Health Conditions
- Non-Medical Prescribing
- Applied biological sciences
- Bespoke clinical skills courses
Research interests include:
- Advanced clinical practice, and its governance
- Patient Safety and human factors