Stephen Woods is a Senior Lecturer with Leeds Business School.
Steve started work in planning and development first with Allied Lyons Corporate Management Services and then with North West Water having completed his first Degree (BSc Hons. Business & Information Technology) at the University of Central Lancashire. He moved into e-commerce and Business Development in 1993 joining the new venture Dabs Direct at its inception (now Dabs.com). He left Dabs in 1996 to complete a full-time MBA at the University of Bradford School of Management, and after graduating joined Brewin Dolphin and worked with the team that brought the first online trading platform to the UK.
Steve began working in Higher Education in 2001 first with the Open University Business School as an MBA Residential School's Tutor, and then with The University of Edinburgh Business School as a Part-time Lecturer. He took up his current permanent post with Leeds Business School in 2003. His ongoing interest in the management of higher education has led him to undertake a number of Academic Leadership and Staffing roles within the Business School. He continues to support the Business School and pursue these interests through the focus of his research informed teaching.
Steve is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and holds a Professional Certificate in University Teaching (Edinburgh).
- 18729-2310 H5 Managing Sustainable Development (Module Leader)
- 10742-2310 H5 Sustainable Development (Module Leader)
- 18768-2310 H4 The Institutional Environment (Module Leader)
- 16907-2310 H5 Mgmt & Finance in the Public Sector (Tutor)
- 13236-2310 H4 Global Economic Awareness (Tutor)
- Sustainable Development Education
- Belonging and Democratic Education in Higher Education
- Participatory Evaluation of Social Programs
- Enhancement through Social Practice Theory Pedagogies
Ask Me About