He recently unearthed his course notes and handouts and has donated them to the archive. This donation compliments other student work collected from various periods of the University and its constituent colleges and institutions.
During the Second World War the City of Leeds Training College and Carnegie College of Physical Training Campus (our Headingley Campus) was commandeered by the military authorities. The army used the site for many purposes including home to the Women’s Auxilary Territorial Service (ATS), they occupied at various times The Grange and Carnegie Hall. Ida Gilliam was a member of the ATS and was stationed at Beckett Park, her grandson has donated some interesting photographs of her time here, which include group photographs and views of the campus surroundings in the 1940’s.