As a School of Education that prides itself on the collaboration with practitioners, the Carnegie Education Research Summaries series was created to make research truly accessible. With the peer review process often extremely lengthy and journals mostly behind paywalls, these summaries distil research into shorter articles that focus on the key findings from projects.
Read Professor Vini Lander's Tales of my Father: a story of immigration, racism and success here.
- January (3)
- Let's talk about... challenges and opportunities in coaching
- Let's talk about... enabling inclusive education
- Pause for thought?
- Let's talk about starting out as a teacher
- How can we best support early career teachers? Can collaboration, a social life and autonomy make a difference?
- Conference for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs)
- Mental Health: the problem with a clinical approach
- Artefacts of practice; learning in lockdown
- Time to reflect?
- Early Years Practitioners: Why 'goodwill' working alone should not be enough
- Learning, Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- The Alwoodley Reading Project - World Book Day
- Let's talk about better leadership and culture
- Let's talk about... the profession and professionalism
- Building the future; the legacy of professional learning
- Can coaching help school leaders during the pandemic?
- NQTs thoughts on ‘Home Teaching’.
- Time to Celebrate; Building a Fellowship for Professional Learning through CollectivED
- Reimagining Home Together: Saving Planet Anksi!
- Is the Department for Education rushing through the new Reception Baseline Assessment?
- Mentors Matter; unique challenges and opportunities for new teachers in an uncertain time.
- The right response?
- We are Carnegie Educators
- The theme for Mental Health Awareness week is Kindness
- Finding our Face Mode: courage, coaching and Covid:19
- Calling All Primary School Children…
- Does supervision help school leaders during the pandemic? A new research question
- Why Kindness Matters?
- A Better Education Built on Networks; Welcoming our New CollectivED Fellows
- CollectivED ‘Let’s Talk About…Better Professional Conversations ’
- Mentoring the EduMentors
- Can WE be the midwives of our own future? A call to the education sector
- Problems mount for transgender young people during COVID-19 lockdown
- Building Teaching Capacity for LGBTQ+ Inclusion with Queer Ethnic Studies
- Windrush Day
- Bridging educational phases and sectors to strengthen practice; welcoming new CollectivED fellows
- Windrush 72nd Anniversary
- Story Makers Press Novel
- Still learning after all these years
- Pre-service Induction problems to be addressed; show me the science…
- The trials and tribulations of 'Social Distancing'
- Black Lives Matter
- Coaching is more than strategies, it’s also about perception
- Not at Home
- EduTwitter; a space of public engagement and private dilemmas
- Tales of my Father: a story of immigration, racism and success
- Teaching and Education student explains why placement is so rewarding
- Primary Education student shares why she loved the residential
- Education is not a preparation for life, education is life! Adding lifeblood to education through CollectivED Fellowship
- Moderate Demands become Revolutionary when Leaders Refuse to Listen
- August (3)
- September (3)
- From challenges come wise practices; addressing the behaviour debate through teacher efficacy
- The Role of Schools in Supporting the Mental Health of Young People who Identify as LGBTQ: A 10-Point Plan
- Supporting Transgender and Gender Diverse Children in Education
- The education inspection framework: draft for consultation 2019
- Landfill or Lunchbox, should we really be eating this rubbish?
- How do white people do anti-racist work in the context of pervasive institutional whiteness across our educational institutions?
- New Year, (not so new) new thinking
- Potential benefits of peer mentoring for supporting international students in Higher Education
- Is Education Oppressive?
- Teacher mentoring; rising to the challenge of the Early Career Framework
- Social Media and its effects on children and young people’s mental health
- The Early Career Framework for Newly Qualified Teachers
- March (3)
- April (5)
- Story Makers Company: Working with children to make stories that matter
- Body image and mental health
- Mental Health in the Early Years and in Primary Schools
- Mental Health in Young People
- Join the conversation
- LGBT Inclusion in Schools
- Graduate in two years - accelerated degrees
- The new 'PE with' Ebacc scheme
- June (5)
- July (2)
- August (1)
- Nomadic enquiry: Reimagining research ethics for ‘posthuman’ times
- Unexamined privilege and schools as sites of othering: Towards an ethics of commentary and debate.
- CollectivED: Curating voices in professional learning
- Turning the PROMISE into a reality; making sense of teachers’ dilemmas as the basis of professional learning
- Bridging the Generation Gap to Produce Peer Mentoring Programmes for Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children in Leeds
- The salary increase for new teachers is welcome news, but the government also needs to focus retention.
- Story Makers Festival: A critical response to the imagination gap felt by children
- Should a one-size-fits-all OFSTED inspection system continue, or should local education authorities be more accountable to their local population for their schools?
- Disability Hate Crime in West Yorkshire
- Who cares? We care!
- Inclusive Relationships Education
- Growing coaching through partnership
- Throwing down the gauntlet: the new CollectivED Advisory Board
- First Research Symposium at National Practitioners PE and Sport Conference
- Mental Health in Schools for World Mental Health Day
- Walk to School Week
- Thank a Teacher
- November (1)
- December (2)
- January (7)
- October (5)
- Newton Fund Researcher Links Workshop - Higher education and societal transformation: Decolonisation and racial equality
- 30:30 Wristband Challenge
- Unconscious Bias and The Level Playing Field
- Virtual Reality in Education: The VR Classroom
- Talking about our work as educators; stress release or active engagement?
- Le Grand Départ!
- "None of this is acceptable"
- December (1)