Carnegie Education

Introducing the New Pastoral Team within the Carnegie School of Education

University study is never easy and study in a School of Education can be especially challenging. And so, to ensure all of our students receive the very best support during their time with us, I’m delighted to formally introduce our new Pastoral Team. Highly trained in everything from managing anxiety to finance, from wellbeing to bereavement, our team acts as a first line of support, bringing a broad range of expertise and lived experience to ensure that students experiencing difficulties not only complete their studies, they excel. 

Carnegie leaders in learning students conversing in the classroom

Here is the team!

Hi I’m Vicki, Head of Pastoral. I set up the Pastoral Team to ensure we are providing the best support we can for all our students. Student wellbeing is our number one priority. Our dedicated team are here to help and support you during your studies.

Hello I’m Kaya, a new Pastoral Officer for Carnegie School of Education. I am from Birmingham, I have a degree in Photography and have been working in further education for the last 2 years. My last role was a Pastoral Mentor at a college which developed my skills being part of a Safeguarding Triage and working with students in the care system. I have never been to Leeds so this will be an exciting chapter for me!

Hello I am Francesca aka Cesca and I am a Pastoral Officer and Course Administrator for BA (hons) Primary Education (Accelerated Route). I have a degree in Education and I am a qualified teacher. I have a range of experience working in schools and support settings. I have been working for Leeds Beckett University for a year now and I am excited to be part of the new Pastoral Support Team.

Hello I’m Hema, I’m your Pastoral Officer at Carnegie School of Education. I very recently finished my Master’s in Global Literature and Culture and I’m passionate about mental health, education and working with young people from diverse backgrounds. I’m excited to be living and working in a city I love and such a vibrant university – and I can’t wait to meet you all!

Hello, I’m Amber. I’m one of the new Pastoral Officers within the Carnegie School of Education. My background is in Psychology and criminology with focuses on PTSD and Psychosis disorders. I studied at Leeds Beckett University graduating in 2018 so the University holds a very special place in my heart.

Headshot of Amber

Hi, I’m Jenny, your new Pastoral Officer in the Carnegie School of Education. Leeds has been my adopted home ever since I came to uni here and I love this city, especially the beauty and vibrancy of Headingley. I’ve been working in schools across Leeds for the past 10 years, as a mental health and learning support mentor. I’m looking forward to working with you and hope to make you feel just as home here as I do!

Hi, my name is Nic and I’m a Pastoral Consultant based at Carnegie School of Education. Alongside supporting students, I also implement new ideas and strategies in order to improve the package the Pastoral Team can offer the students. In my opinion, the wellbeing of our students is the number one priority, in order to fulfill their student experience.