Beginnings of a creative passion

From a young age, I was drawn to the world of branding and aesthetics. It was this innate passion that led me to choose Marketing with Advertising Management as my field of study at Leeds Beckett. I wanted to delve into the strategic aspects of advertising and marketing, and this course seemed like the perfect fit. It offered a unique blend of theory and practical application, setting the stage for my journey towards entrepreneurship.

The perfect blend of theory and practice

The beauty of the course lay in its ability to seamlessly merge theoretical knowledge with hands-on practice. It was an education that went beyond textbooks, allowing me to gain real-world experience. This powerful combination equipped me with the essential skills and insights I would need in the future as an entrepreneur.

Jensen & Jensen: A journey of success

The turning point in my journey arrived with the creation of Jensen & Jensen, a branding agency I co-founded in 2019 with my twin brother, Myles. Our agency quickly rose to prominence, forging remarkable relationships with renowned clients such as Manchester City FC, Hyatt, Deliveroo, and The Crown Estate.

It was clear that our hard work and creativity were not going unnoticed. This year, we were honoured to receive the 'Highly Commended Award' at the Black Talent Awards hosted in Birmingham. Furthermore, Prolific North recognised us as the Independent Agency to Watch. The year also marked a significant milestone as we successfully delivered our largest production project, valued at over £100k, for David Morris, a luxury jewellery brand.

Challenges and growth

Like any entrepreneurial journey, ours was not without challenges. Establishing credibility as a black-owned agency in a competitive market was an initial hurdle we had to overcome. We faced stereotypes and misconceptions head-on, demonstrating our expertise through persistent effort. Managing the agency's growth while maintaining a commitment to quality was another challenge.

However, through these obstacles, we learned invaluable lessons about setting clear priorities, investing in our team's skill development, and leveraging technology to streamline our operations.

In conclusion, my journey from a marketing student with a passion for creativity to a successful entrepreneur has been a remarkable one. The story of Jensen & Jensen is more than just a tale of success; it's a story of determination, resilience, and the incredible power of transforming a passion into a thriving business.

Through these obstacles, we learned invaluable lessons about setting clear priorities, investing in our team's skill development, and leveraging technology to streamline our operations.