Library & Student Services
Loving your Library!
Thank you for all your feedback last week on our Valentine's Boards. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your notes.
We asked you what you loved about the Library or what would make you love us more. We're really pleased that you said you loved our staff, 24/7 opening, laptop loans and some of our study spaces. But what would make you love us more?
- More anatomy books online – try www.anatomy.tv – ask Library staff for more info about how to log on to this resource.
- Fix the Wi-Fi – work has been done to improve the wi-fi so please bring your devices to the Help and Information Point if you're still having problems so we can get you connected.
- Water fountains in Headingley Library – unfortunately James Graham is a listed building with limited plumbing facilities. The University's supplier carried out detailed surveys to see if more could be provided but there are only a small number of places where fountains can be installed so that the water is safe to drink. There is a fountain near the vending machines on the ground floor of James Graham as well as just outside JG250.
- Toilets in the Headingley Library – we agree that it would be good to have more toilets in the Library but again the listed building status and plumbing limits what our Estates team is able to provide.
- Air con / heaters – we know the temperature in the Library isn’t always ideal and we’re working with Estates to try to improve things.
- More windows in Sheila Silver Library – we can’t add more windows to the building unfortunately but as we’ve refurbished each floor we’ve moved as many study spaces as possible near to them to take advantage of the natural light.
- If it wasn’t so busy – we agree it can get very busy in the Library and we are looking at ways to let you know where the quieter spaces are.