What's new for 2018 at Leeds Beckett Library?
Changes and updates for the new academic year!
Your timetables will soon be available from your email account with alerts to any changes so you don’t miss any of those all-important lectures!
- Choose the best place for your study needs from our refurbished ground floors, with touch screen monitors on the new ground floor PCs; updated student meeting rooms at Headingley plus dedicated space in the Disability Resource Area.
- Log on to the new look MyBeckett – easier than ever to get to the information you need and looks better on your mobile too.
- Your reading lists will also look a bit different but they have lots of new features to help you make the most of them, for example by adding notes about what you’ve read - see the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Make a note to check out the new Skills for Learning programme. It has in depth workshops on critical thinking, dissertations, essay writing and literature reviews alongside 30 minute How to sessions full of top tips to boost your key academic skills.
- If you’re looking for Short Loans the majority of these are now with the main books stock – find them by a blue Short Loan or green 3 Day Loan sticker on the spine.
- You can still put a hold on a book but we’ve renamed the service “Reservations”
And if you’ve come back to Uni with a shiny new device don’t forget you can access Office 365 including 5 free copies of Microsoft Office for your PCs/MACs plus mobile Apps. You also have up to ITB of cloud storage on OneDrive.
As always ask for help if you’re not sure about anything (or have forgotten things whilst you’ve been away!). Our Library and Student IT Advice Team is your first point of contact for queries about research and referencing skills, borrowing, passwords, Wi-Fi, printing, Office 365 and more. They have a new Advice Point on the ground floor of each Library and can still be contacted by phone, chat or email.