Final year Events and Sports Events Management students at the UK Centre for Events Management held an afternoon of networking, advice and support from careers, employers, alumni and dissertation tutors. Keynote for the afternoon – Leigh Jagger, former CEO of Banks Sadler gave her insights on leadership in the events industry and reminded everyone that leadership starts on day one, in whatever role. Her six leadership thoughts included:
- Leadership starts at day one.
- You've got your degree, but it's your work ethic and attitude that differentiate you.
- You don't always have to be liked or like someone.
- Don't be afraid to fail.
- Passion, enthusiasm and confidence are contagious.
- Be the author of your own inspirational management quotes.
Author: Leigh Jagger