Alex Stannard and Charli Briggs are among the thirty winners to be announced in the Class of 2021. Conference News, a leading events industry magazine, has run the initiative for a number of years to showcase young talent working in the conference and events industry.  Awards were celebrated at an exclusive event at ODEON Luxe, West End, on 20th January 2022.

We caught up with Alex and Charli to find out what it means to be included in CN 30underThirty and their advice for anyone starting out in the events industry.

Alex graduated with a BA (Hons) Events Management in 2017 and now works as an Event Manager at Agiito. Alex says,;

“I am delighted to have made the class of 2021 Conference News 30 under Thirty list! I am very proud of this achievement, and I am also excited to share the experience with 29 other talented young professionals! After the challenges the events industry has faced the past two years, it is so exciting to be able to finally celebrate again!

My advice to anyone starting in the industry would be to take every opportunity presented to you, enjoy the experience along the way and don’t give up! Events can be tough at times but it really is a great industry to be in and full of exciting opportunities.”

Alex Stannard receiving her award

Aniseed PR & Photography

Charli Briggs graduated with a BA (Hons) Spanish and Tourism Management in 2014 and established her own event staffing agency, Eventure, in 2020. Charli says;

“I’ve really admired the individuals on this list from previous years and never, ever imagined I would make it as a CN 30underThirty. It feels such a privilege to be listed alongside such high-performing, young industry experts and I feel really proud to have been recognised for my hard work.

My advice to any future event professional is to dream big, get a mentor you have a connection with, and work hard. Remain focused on your goals, build a network around you who want to see you grow and succeed and work towards achieving your goals every single day. Be brave, be determined and be excited about what could be.”

Charli Briggs receiving her award

Aniseed PR & Photography

Head of UK Centre for Events Management, Dr James Musgrave says, “We are always delighted to see our graduates succeeding in the industry, and congratulate Alex and Charli on their well-deserved success. They are an inspiration to students, staff and fellow graduates.”

Find further information about the CN 30underThirty initiative.

Find out more about our courses here.

Alexandra head shot

© Conference News/Mash Media, 2022

Charli head shot

© Conference News/Mash Media, 2022