MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY FOR RESULTS DAY
Prepare for 10 August by getting all the information you need on our Clearing site. You can even pre register to get support from us, should you need it, on the day itself.
Cool Study Spaces in Leeds
Hi, I'm Suzannah and I'm going to suggest some cool places to study in Leeds.
Struggling to find the perfect space to study? It's really important to find the right place in able to focus and get your work done. Whether you study better in silence, surrounded by people, or listening to music this guide can help you find your perfect study spot.
- First, of course, are the university libraries. Headingley and City campus libraries are full of all the resources you could need to complete your assignments. They also provide that silent atmosphere needed for you to focus. Whether it’s the final reference for your dissertation, or time away from your noisy housemates, the library has it all! Plus it's open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Also, on the university campus are our gyms. Odd choice for a study space? Maybe. But studies support the idea that exercising can help students retain material better than sat at a desk. So if you fancy yourself a little ‘Elle Woods’ moment on the treadmill then get yourself along to the gym with your textbooks in hand – maybe later in your workout you could use them as weights.
- Now, for those who need their caffeine fix to get through a study session, maybe a café is the perfect study spot for you. Who doesn’t love coffee, pastries and essays – maybe not the last one! Cafes can be perfect for study, but it is essential to find one where you won’t be disturbed. For example, they can get really busy during lunch hour or at school closing times. Some of the best places for this are Fettle cafe, which can be found at 73 Great George Street. It does a great healthy full English breakfast that doesn’t leave you feeling guilty. Another hidden gem is the Starbucks in Thornton’s Arcade on Briggate. Upstairs in here doesn’t normally get too busy, plus you are away from the city workers running in to grab a sandwich who might disturb you. With plenty of plug sockets, and comfy seating, it could be a great fit for your study regime.
- For something a little bit different, The Tetley is worth a try. For those that don't know, this is an old brewery that's been refurbished as a really cool art gallery. It's located down by the docks on Hunslet Road. With great Wi-Fi connection and a casual atmosphere, it makes a great working spot for those looking for something a little different.
- Another great quirky looking place to study would be Corn Exchange filled with little shops and cafés to suit all style of study. All housed within the 150 year old structure, if you ever get side-tracked from your work, there will always be some unique feature to gaze at.
To get the most out of your revision, you need to be in an environment that allows you to focus. The hustle and bustle of the Pret a Manger on New Station Street might be the one for you or the silence of a library may suit better. Whatever type of environment gets your creative juices going, there will be something for you in Leeds. There's so many hidden gems for you to study at in Leeds.