Every student looks forward to their break from school and studies, but holiday enjoyment must be healthy. The holidays are an opportunity for me to recharge and cleanse my mind in preparation for the future.  Making a list of the things I'd like to do is the first thing I do. Even though life doesn't always go according to plan, being prepared for what you do want and bringing it all back makes it more enjoyable and makes you look forward to it more.

Travel

When you are in a different country why not explore it more and learn about it too. I love travelling and learning about the history of places. I would love to travel more and see as much as I can before I leave this country.

Decluttering

I am aware that this seems boring to many people, but it is soothing and therapeutic, bringing up a lot of memories. I declutter my wardrobe, kitchen and books. I love finding stuff while doing this and making up a list to buy some new additions.

Movie Night and Hobbies

Watching something fun makes you feel free and clear your mind of the stress or routine you have. Watching a show you love with your friends is like an unpaid therapy session with loads of discussion and some amazing food is a must.

Every person has something which they love. I love reading and cooking. I always start catching up with the books I missed and learn new cooking recipes.

A bowl of popcorn in a clear bowl on a table

Shopping

I love shopping. Who doesn’t? I love changing my wardrobe and adding up new stuff. Shopping for each person is a different experience and for me it has always been the search that excites me, rather than acquiring the object.

Art or making something from scratch whilst keeping your mind active and is a creative way to spend your holidays, whether this is alone or with some friends.

Dancing and Food

Dancing your life away is an amazing way to bring out all that stress and bring in the energy for the new season after holidays.

Food is what I live for. I love trying and tasting different cuisines. So, what is a best time rather than summer and loads of ice cream, popsicles and boba tea.

Trek

Disconnect from the technology, trek your way to the top of a mountain or the end of a trail. You can breathe in some fresh air and enjoy the view, actually live in the moment and try capturing it in your mind.

Ayesha

Hi, I'm Ayesha! I'm an international student from India studying on the MSc International Events Management course at Headingley Campus. I love travelling but when I'm not exploring new places I'm cooking for my closest friends.