Understanding my career path

It is nearly impossible for undergraduates to make the right career choice. I think this mindset is very common for many students, as we don’t know which job is suitable right off the bat. 

My course covers both business perspectives and specialized marketing skills, which are an excellent support for my future work. Thanks to the subjects, I gain a clearer vision of how to develop sustainably in a competitive marketing job.

Creating strong networks

I have the chance to meet amazing people through my course! 

As a marketer, connecting with people is one of the most fundamental skills to thrive in the industry. The Business School is full of international students coming from every part of the world. This dynamic and diverse environment not only motivates me to grow but also helps us support each other in exploring our abilities.

Gaining new knowledge every day

Although I have worked in the industry for three years, I was not a marketing student at the beginning. So, it is crucial for me to learn about the foundation of marketing through the course, which offers a wide range of helpful modules. 

For instance, from my previous jobs, I know the pain of calculating budgets for future projects: There are just too many estimates and predictions! Nevertheless, the Managing Financial Resources module helps me understand how to do the process effectively. 

Refining my skills

However, it doesn’t stop at only practical knowledge. My soft skills have improved tremendously since I’ve been to the UK. The subjects allow us to refine various essential aspects, such as presenting, critical thinking, and teamwork. These skills will be my most potent weapon to prepare for my future “working battles.”

Gaining priceless experience

I believe experience is what sets people apart, as you grow differently based on what happens around you. Studying abroad has given me the gift of experiencing a new environment. It surprises me every day to see the difference in how marketing campaigns work in the UK compared to Vietnam: Even for the same international brands that have branches in both countries, how they promote their images is unique. This is an invaluable lesson for me to broaden my view as a marketer.

Continuing my education in the UK is one of the best choices I’ve ever made. My course allows me to understand more about my career path and grow to be a better person. So, if you want to explore your potential, don’t hesitate to take new steps in studying!

Quinn

Hi, I’m Quinn, nice to meet you all! I’m a MSc Management and Marketing student at the Business School. I love traveling, so my goal is to go to as many places as possible to embrace the beauty of cultural diversity. As a marketer back in Vietnam, I also love to write and explore various creative and artistic activities.