Experiential Learning

Leeds Beckett University boasts a strong reputation for academic excellence, with a diverse range of programs across various disciplines. Whether I am interested in business, engineering, healthcare, or the arts, I can find high-quality education delivered by experienced faculty members who are leaders in their fields. Moreover, the university has strong ties with industry partners, providing students with valuable opportunities for internships, work placements, and networking. This ensures that I will be well-equipped with practical skills and real-world experience, enhancing my employability upon graduation.

Academically, studying abroad opened doors to new opportunities and fields of study that I had never considered before. I was exposed to different teaching styles, academic approaches, and research methodologies, allowing me to broaden my intellectual horizons and pursue areas of interest that I had previously only dreamed of exploring.

Supportive Environment

Leeds Beckett University provides comprehensive support services to its students, including academic guidance, career counselling, and personal support. From the moment I stepped on campus, I have access to a range of resources designed to help me succeed both academically and personally. I have joined many challenges under Beckett Career Teams which I enjoyed the most during my academic journey.

State-of-the-Art Facilities

The university boasts modern facilities and resources, including cutting-edge laboratories, libraries, and sports facilities. The library is also open for 24 hours with supportive IT system team. Whether I am conducting research, studying in groups, or staying active, I will have access to everything I need to make the most of my university experience. Nonetheless, the creative facilities at Leeds Beckett are fantastic and are amongst the best in Europe.

Global Perspective

With a diverse student body representing over 140 countries, LBU offers a truly international experience. This multicultural environment fosters cross-cultural understanding, broadens perspectives, and prepares students to thrive in an increasingly globalised world. In an increasingly interconnected world, having a global perspective is essential for business leaders. Especially in my MBA course, the program often includes opportunities for international study, exchange programs, or coursework focused on global business issues, helping students develop a deeper understanding of global markets and cultures.

Studying abroad has been an enriching and transformative experience for me, one that has left an indelible mark on both my personal and academic journey. Immersed in a new culture, surrounded by unfamiliar faces and landscapes, I found myself on a journey of self-discovery and growth. From navigating language barriers to adapting to cultural norms, every experience pushed me outside of my comfort zone and encouraged me to embrace the unknown.

Location

Situated in the vibrant city of Leeds, and everything is just a walk away from the university. Leeds is considered the third largest city for technology and business in the UK, but the living expenses are much cheaper compared to London and Manchester. Additionally, the city's central location provides easy access to other major cities and attractions, making it an ideal base for exploring the region. Moreover, Leeds is a dynamic and culturally rich city with a thriving arts scene, diverse culinary options, and vibrant nightlife. As a student at Leeds Beckett, I have access to all that the city has to offer, including museums, theatres, music venues, and more. And interestingly, many of them are free admission.

What I have learned so far

The most profound aspect of studying abroad was the personal growth it afforded me. Living in a foreign country, far from the familiar comforts of home, taught me resilience, independence, and adaptability. I learned to embrace uncertainty, overcome challenges, and seize opportunities with confidence and determination. Looking back, my experience of studying abroad was nothing short of life changing. It shaped the person I am today, instilling in me a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, and global citizenship that continues to inform my perspective and aspirations. It was a journey of discovery, adventure, and personal growth—one that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Overall, LBU offers a dynamic and supportive environment where students can pursue their academic and personal goals while preparing for success in their future careers. Whether you're looking to launch your career, pursue further study, or simply experience life in a vibrant and welcoming city, Leeds Beckett University has something to offer everyone.

So join me, as we sculpt dreams into strategies and turn aspirations into achievements, one captivating class at a time.

Yi Mon

Hello everyone! I am Yi Mon, an international student thrilled to be part of the vibrant community here at Leeds Beckett University. From Myanmar to Leeds, I am excited to explore new horizons, make lifelong connections, and immerse myself in the rich tapestry of academic and cultural experiences. I am on a mission to blend business brilliance with a dash of innovation, all while navigating the exciting twists and turns of my MBA journey here in the UK. Let's embark on this academic adventure together!