Back in 2019 we were announcing new vegan options for consumers. Vegan options are more common now than even a couple of years ago and the reasons for adopting a plant based diet a still valid.
This month has seen the launch of 3 fast food options and new supermarket range suitable for vegans. Greggs of course offering the new vegan sausage roll, McDonalds offering the new wraps, Pizza Hut now have a vegan pizza and Marks and Spencer just launched a whole new vegan range, including burgers and curries.
There are four key reasons you should consider trying out Veganuary this year:
- Animals - "Animals are able to perceive and feel, and experience pain and happiness just as we do. Production of food and clothing causes them to suffer in innumerable ways".
- Health - "Research shows that health is the second biggest reason people go vegan. Cut out cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease".
- Environment - "Going vegan is the easiest and most effective way to help our planet. Make a more positive impact than giving up your car, and halve your greenhouse gas emissions".
- Nutrition - "Getting the right nutrition is easy when you’re vegan. You just need to know where to find it. Here we tell you all you need to know about protein, vitamin B12 and everything in between!"
Obviously, there are many myths surrounding veganism, but the guys over at Veganuary have busted them for you!
- Yes, even one person going vegan makes a difference.
- Protein exists in foods other than meat.
- No, you wont go hungry. A lot of staple foods like pasta can be vegan.
Why not try out some recipes and see what you think?
- Pancake day is coming up next month so try Banana Pancakes https://veganuary.com/recipes/banana-pancakes-with-blueberries-maple-syrup/
- Switch up your roast potatoes: https://veganuary.com/recipes/pesto-roast-potatoes/
- Get your chocolate fix with this simple recipe: https://veganuary.com/recipes/vegan-chocolate-cake/