Sustainability | Blog

Student Sustainability Conference Meet the Presenters: Rachael Roberts

This blog series will introduce the presenters for the upcoming Leeds Beckett Student Sustainability Conference. You can find more details and tickets for the conference here https://lbussc2019.eventbrite.co.uk 

Meet the Presenters Rachael Roberts

Meet Rachael, a Responsible Tourism student

Living and working in the rural Yorkshire Dales sparked my interest in sustainability and the environment of which I am passionate about. Perhaps as important to me however is the socio-cultural changes that are happening within the area in relation to communities and culture loss. After completing an undergraduate degree at Leeds Beckett University in Business I sought out a course that would combine my interest in sustainability and my experience of working within the tourism sector. I am now nearing completion of an MSc in Responsible Tourism Management and have decided to complete my presentation on an ethical tourism business plan proposal.

This proposal is important to me for a number of reasons. Not only did I receive a grade of 84 for my written feasibility study but I have also previously completed a project of a similar nature that went on to appear on George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces earlier this year. The proposed business will see the refurbishment of heritage railway carriages destined for the scrap yard transformed into luxury environmentally friendly holiday lets. Ethics will be at the heart of this business proposal which will aim to contribute towards the environmental, social and economic concerns of the area.

Read more about Rachael's project here.

Want to hear more about Rachael and her project? Get your ticket to the Student Sustainability Conference here.

Posted in

Tags:

Archive

Syndication