Semester 2 - March 2022
Blended Learning - City Campus/MS Teams
Level 6: £1000 / Level 7: £1000 (NHS funding available)
Level 6/Level 7, 20 credit course.
Suitable for Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Nurses, Mental Health Nurses and other Mental Health workers.
Module content includes:
- Introduction to CBT as an approach for working with people.
- Development of critical understanding, key concepts, clinical frameworks and the current evidence base for CBT.
- Skills practice sessions, develop competence to transfer skills into area of practice.
- Critically reflect and evaluate relevance and impact.
*Delivered via a blended approach that includes online teaching and learning, digital learning and on campus sessions. If a further lockdown is necessary then delivery will be continued and supported via online and digital learning. We therefore require you to have access and the ability to MS Teams
Everything you need to know
These modules are designed for practitioners working with health and social care clients. For admission to the module you will usually be required to provide evidence of the successful completion of 120 credits (or equivalent) at the appropriate level in a relevant area / discipline:
- 120 credits at level 5 (Dip HE) for level 6 (degree) study
- 120 credits at level 6 (BScH/BAH) for level 7 (masters) study
Remote Learning Prerequisites:
To undertake the course you must have access to a PC/laptop/device that has access to the internet and has sufficient memory and software to run MS Teams. It is recommended that this is run via the App rather than in a web browser. You will need to have practiced using this app and be able to use your webcam.
More information about how MS Teams will be used can be found here.
You may find it helpful to contact your employers IT support or you can learn more about MS Teams via the Microsoft support link.
Click the link to download Microsoft Teams for free.
Students will be assessed against level 6 or level 7 academic criteria on a portfolio of evidence to include:
- Level 6 - Written assignment consisting of critical reflective case study of the application of CBT skills in practice.
- Level 7 – Written assignment consisting of a critical assessment of the evidence for CBT with the clients main problem (1000 words) and a reflective critical case study of the use of CBT skills with a client/service user (2000 words)