ATTENDANCE DATES: 14/02/2023 28/02/2023 14/03/2023 28/03/2023 18/04/2023
Level 6: £1000 / Level 7: £1000 (NHS funding available)
Level 6/Level 7, 20 credit course.
Module content includes:
- Introduction to motivational interviewing as an approach to working with people.
- Development of critical understanding, key concepts to support advances behaviour change, clinical frameworks and the current evidence base for motivational interviewing.
- Develop and apply motivational interviewing skills in to the student’s areas of practice.
- Critically reflect and evaluate relevance and impact.
*Delivered via a blended approach that includes online teaching and learning, digital learning and on campus sessions. If a further lockdown is necessary then delivery will be continued and supported via online and digital learning. We therefore require you to have access and the ability to MS Teams.
Everything you need to know
These modules are designed for practitioners working with health and social care clients. For admission to the module you will usually be required to provide evidence of the successful completion of 120 credits (or equivalent) at the appropriate level in a relevant area / discipline:
- 120 credits at level 5 (Dip HE) for level 6 (degree) study
- 120 credits at level 6 (BScH/BAH) for level 7 (masters) study
Applicants will need access to a client or patient to apply skills for assessment.
Students will be assessed against level 6 or level 7 academic criteria to include a poster presentation and written assessment.