Clinical skills CPD
IOA Certificate Course in the Management of Occupational Exposure to Hand Arm Vibration
This module will allow you to appreciate the nature of Hand-Arm Vibration hazards in the workplace and the need to protect employees from hand-arm vibration syndrome as well as enabling you to advise and assist employers to meet their legal duties regarding Hand-Arm Vibration, under relevant health and safety law in accordance with current guidance from the Health and Safety Executive.
This module will allow you to appreciate the nature of Hand-Arm Vibration (HAV) hazards in the workplace and the need to protect employees from hand-arm vibration syndrome.
After completing the course delegates should be able to:
- Explain the requirements of current legislation
- Identify situations where HAV hazards exist and assess the risk
- Discuss basic techniques for control of vibration exposure and identify areas where vibration reduction is required
- Assess the effectiveness of vibration control measures
- Evaluate the daily vibration exposures of employees from information about measured vibration magnitudes and work patterns
- Explain the uses and limitations of personal protective equipment
Everything you need to know
No formal requirements, but students need to be numerate and able to carry out scientific calculations. The course is aimed at Health and Safety Practitioners and others who have to control or advise on hand-arm vibration risk.
Written examination and report on a case study,