Beckett Careers offer a wide range of support throughout your university journey and up to five years after you graduate.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time job or want to gain experience alongside your studies, need help preparing an application or exploring graduate job options, we can provide expert support every step of the way!
You can access a broad range of online resources and learning tools and attend sessions throughout the year to boost your employability skills.
I want to...
Get ready to apply for jobs
Whether you are looking for a part-time role, volunteering experience, placement or graduate job, Beckett Careers can help you get prepared for the application process.
Prepare for an interview
After making a great impression with your CV or application, an interview might be the next step in securing a great role. Use our interview simulator to practice your interview technique. You can try lots of different questions and interview styles including timed interviews, video and phone options.
Apply for a graduate vacancy or 12month placement
Employers use a range of selection techniques when hiring for their graduate and undergraduate opportunities. These help them to assess your skills, strengths and qualities to decide whether you’ll be a good fit for their organisation. (It’s also a chance to see if the organisation is a good fit for you!)
While companies can differ in the selection techniques they use, there are a number of common techniques used by employers across the graduate and undergraduate hiring process. Whether they are a large corporation or an SME they will often be assessing you for similar skills and attributes.
Check out our Get Hired – Online Resource Centre for everything you need to know about ‘Getting Hired’. Understand the recruitment process and feel confident in applying for vacancies.
Connect with employers and organisations
Beckett Careers work with a large number of employers and organizations across all different industries and sectors. Employer events run throughout the year, giving you the chance to chat to employers, see what opportunities are out there and build your professional network.
- From your first year of study and throughout your degree, you'll have lots of opportunities to connect with a broad range of employers.
- We welcome hundreds of employers to take part in our central events programme and curriculum sessions throughout the year.
- We support our students to be commercially aware, future focused and ready for the world of work.
- Our extensive employer networks help us to ensure that our employability activity stays relevant to the evolving labour market and has a strong industry focus.
- We have links with some of the largest graduate recruiters in the UK and fantastic relationships with employers in the local region too.
Talk to someone about my next steps
No matter where you are in thinking about your future, Beckett Careers are on hand to help. Our friendly team can provide expert advice, support you in exploring your options and help you to create a plan of action. Whatever stage you’re at in your career planning, you can speak to a member of the team.