Research at Leeds Beckett
About Belinda Cooke
Belinda is Head of Subject for Physical Education and Outdoor Education. She has over 30 years experience in teaching and management in Higher Education.
Belinda's teaching experience spans all age groups from working in secondary education (in Warwickshire), postgraduate teacher education ( University of Birmingham), coach education ( National Coaching Foundation) and higher education, undergrad and postgrad (Leeds Beckett).She has a Masters in Primary Education (University of Leeds). Belinda is an experienced external examiner and higher education reviewer supporting and assessing colleagues for all levels of fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. She has worked closely with the Centre for Learning and Teaching at Leeds Beckett University firstly as a Teacher Fellow as subsequently as Lead Reviewer. She has delivered a wide range of staff development sessions, primarily about learning, teaching and assessment at this and two other universities.
Belinda teaches on the following courses:
- BA ( Hons) Physical Education
- BA (Hons) Physical Education and Outdoor Education
- Masters in Physical Education
and mainly on the following modules:
- Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy 1
- Introduction to HE Study Skills
- Critical Pedagogy in Physical Education
- Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice
Belinda’s research interests are centred on staff and student experience of teaching and learning in HE. Her current research is on practical assessment in Physical Education in higher education and on Teaching Excellence. She is writing up her Phd research on Academics’ Perspectives on Teaching Excellence in Higher education.
Journal articles (1)
- Cooke B (2010), The handbook of sustainability literacy. INNOVATIONS IN EDUCATION AND TEACHING INTERNATIONAL, vol. 47 (3), p. 341-341.
Conference contributions (1)
- Flintoff A; Cooke B (2006) Pupils' Perceptions of High Quality Physical Education Finland . : .