About Diane Spalding
Diane Spalding is a part time lecturer and is the Admissions Tutor for the PG Dietetics course and the MSc Clinical Nutrition. She is a Registered Dietitian and a Fellow of the British Dietetic Association and has worked for many years in the NHS in senior leadership roles and also at a national level at the Dept of Health as the Dietetics Officer.
Previous professional activities and employment includes:
- Clinical Director of Leicestershire Nutrition & Dietetic Service, a large and diverse service covering all clinical areas and a range of dietetic practice in community, mental health, learning disabilities, public health
- Dietetic Officer at the Dept of Health and Trent AHP Lead for NHS Leadership Centre
- Head of Nutrition & Dietetic Services, Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust
- Facilities Dietetic Advisor to the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Panel Member, Fitness to Practice, Health and Care Professions Council (current)
National professional activities:
- Member of Dietitians Board of CPSM, focusing on education & training and investigation & disciplinary issues
- active member of national groups to develop student training structure for practice placements, competencies, key characteristics
- PG Dietetics - Admissions Tutor
- MSc Clinical Nutrition - Admissions Tutor
Diane has contributed to several publications throughout her career, presented at national conferences and has taken an active interest in research, supporting a number of dietitians to complete MSc and PhDs. She has also taken an active role by being a member of various research committees, mainly in Leicestershire.