Dr Anne-Louise Temple Clothier
About Dr Anne-Louise Temple Clothier
Senior Lecturer and Teacher Fellow, with Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy Anne specialises in the English Education and Higher Education Systems.
Previous Course Leader Roles include:
- MA Professional Training and Development
- CPD Flexible Learning Scheme including:
- BA / MA Education and Professional Development
- BSc / MSc Sport
The Teacher Fellowship role was awarded as recognition of her contribution to curriculum design. She continues to play an active role in curriculum review, both within the Carnegie Faculty and across the broader university.
Currently undertaking a Doctorate in Education (EdD), she also holds Chartered Fellowship status within the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). As an active member she has held senior positions, including Membership of the National Quality Assurance Panel and External Moderator.
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
- MSc Leadership and Management
- The Development of the British Education System
- Social Perspectives on Education
- Global Perspectives on Education
- Accrediting Prior Experiential Learning
These commitments span level 4 to 7 within our University and inform her consultancy work with schools.
Using an interpretive epistemology Anne's research aims to develop understanding of the ways in which academic staff, working in Higher Education in England, are responding to the unprecedented policy changes defining the sector. This research is based on the premise that changes in national government and subsequent legislative changes have provoked individual reactions from academic staff, and it is managing this array of individual responses which poses a significant challenge to corporate management.
The research aims to identify some of the responses and determine what, if any, patterns can be identified. This information may well provide some answers to the challenges currently facing management, or provide information regarding positive responses to change on an individual basis. The research is timely in that recent changes in government and legislation have led to unprecedented change within the Higher Education sector, and research into the impact of these changes on practitioner bases is limited.
- Rushton I; Temple Clothier A (2014) Selecting Appropriate Content. In: Ashmore L; Robinson D Learning, Teaching and Development: Strategies for Action. London: Sage, pp. 70-98.https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/learning-teaching-and-development/book242155
Conference contributions (8)
- Temple Clothier A (2016) The Reference List in Context Sheffield, UK .
- Temple Clothier A (2016) Ways in which undertaking an EdD impacted on the Professional Development of a sample of Experienced Teaching Practitioners in Higher Education Sheffield, UK .
- Temple Clothier A (2015) Presenting 'Ecological Positioning' as framework for conceptual analysis Sheffield University 03/06/2015.
- Temple Clothier A (2015) Quest, Questions and Qualification: Change management and the impact on the 'internal career' Sheffield Univeristy 14/02/2015.
- Temple Clothier A (2013) Knocking on the gatekeeper's door: the challenges, frustrations and achievements of negotiating access to research participants in doctoral level research University of Sussex 03/09/2013.
- Temple Clothier A (2013) The Map is Not the Territory University of Huddersfield .
- Temple Clothier A (2013) Metaphorical Metamorphosis: A reflection on one years personal and professional development Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds .
- Temple Clothier A (2000) The Relationship Between Motivation and Appraisal for Lecturers Portugal 22/10/2000.